MP2 - V2.3.2 MP2.3.2 client freezes (1 Viewer)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only system in the kids room.
    So I installed MP2.3.2 Client only an a fresh installed Windows10 Pro machine.
    On 1st start it seems to work normally for like a minute (or even less) and then freezes. Clicking will show the "not responding" message and windows asks if I want to wait or end the program.
    When I then restart MP2 it immediately freezes, every time. Restarting Windows makes no change.
    I tried the normal and the x64 client. I also deleted the AppData/TMP/Config folder to see if there is some config problem. No difference.

On 1st try I thought it might be the skin I selected (which I manged to do on the 1st start), so I uninstalled and installed again.
    This time I did not change the skin but wanted to connect it directly to my server, but before I could get there it froze again.
    Now if freezes again immediately when I start it.

Logs are attached.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Reinhard.

Attachments

• Log.zip
      27.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the error logs are empty, so hard to say something. You would need need to check windows logs with regard to the crash I fear.
    As retired member you should have still access to the internal forum area. Try once build #81 of MP2.4, if it makes any difference. I don't think so, but nothing to loose.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    thank you for the response.
    I think one of the 2 error logs actually has a NullReferenceException from WiFiRemote in it.

I uninstalled V2.3.2 and tried it again with V2.4 #81. No change unfortunately. New logs attached.
    The Windows Event Log does not say much, since it's not actually an crash, but a hang.
    Event log entries below.

This time I let it "run" a bit while it was frozen.
    The window is top most, I can not even get the Task Manager in front. But looking at the diagrams after I forcibly closed it shows me no CPU usage and maybe 15 to 20% GPU usage.

Also the clock int the top right corner in MP is updated.
    It looks like as if only the windows message queue is not running in MP and so it processes no inputs and windows thinks it hangs.

Code:
    Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
    Ereignisname: AppHangTransient
    Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
    CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
    P1: MP2-Client.exe
    P2: 2.3.2112.13667
    P3: 61abb99e
    P4: unknown
    P5: unknown
    P6: unknown
    P7: unknown
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8B5E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8B6E.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8B6D.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8B8D.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:

Analysesymbol:
    Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
    Berichts-ID: e88d0b62-425e-4e17-86d4-0d95a4474972
    Berichtstatus: 2049
    Bucket mit Hash:
    CAB-Datei-Guid: 0

Code:
    Das Programm MP2-Client.exe Version 2.3.2112.13667 hat die Interaktion mit Windows beendet und wurde geschlossen. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.
     Prozess-ID: 3330
     Startzeit: 01d7eb80b6b05107
     Beendigungszeit: 32
     Anwendungspfad: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\MP2-Client.exe
     Bericht-ID: 22e0e77a-ad19-46a4-ab91-ac550e66ddeb
     Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
     Relative Anwendungs-ID des fehlerhaften Pakets:
     Absturztyp: Unknown

Attachments

• Log.zip
      14.4 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may try once to remove the wifiremote plugin (just moving the folder from client folder should be enough). Then you would at least know the root cause for sure.
    I've never seen such error message though, really stange. Seems to be related to SettingsChangeWatcher. Another idea could be also to install both, client and server on your PC and if it works connect the other server later. Maybe there is a client only issue.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for the tip,
    removing the WiFiRemote Plugin actually solved the issue.
    So this exception is somehow fucking up the whole client.
    I keep you posted if any other problems occur.
    Reinhard.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I celebrated too early.
    When I wanted to connect to the server it froze again. No ErrorLog this time.

So I uninstalled again and Installed Client+Server. Same freeze again right after startup. Same ErrorLog.
    Removed WiFiRemote again: Does not help this time, it freezes again, without an ErrorLog :(

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, last update for today.
    After rebooting PC, Client was responsive again.
    Switch skin: Check
    Connect to Server: Check
    Watch something from the Media Library: Check
    Live TV: Only EPG is available in Menu, no TV, no recordings
    Selecting a channel from the EPG brings up the ? Symbol on top (WMC Skin), but before I can click it, it disappears.
    Then Client freezes again.
    But we have some error logs again.

Can it be that the error logs needs to be flushed after writing to it, so that it is up to date when the client crashes and the messages are not lost in the OS caching system?

Attachments

• Log.zip
      25.2 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, last update for today.
    After rebooting PC, Client was responsive again.
    Switch skin: Check
    Connect to Server: Check
    Watch something from the Media Library: Check
    Live TV: Only EPG is available in Menu, no TV, no recordings
    Selecting a channel from the EPG brings up the ? Symbol on top (WMC Skin), but before I can click it, it disappears.
    Then Client freezes again.
    But we have some error logs again.

Can it be that the error logs needs to be flushed after writing to it, so that it is up to date when the client crashes and the messages are not lost in the OS caching system?
    There are several entries I've also never seen, something is really strange on the PC.
    If the crash is related to windows, the MP2 logs do not show anything. This time I see several errors in the MP2 logs, so definitely something is going wrong there. The screen and workflow manager are not having issues. But you should turn on debug logs, I think they are deactivated.

Your windows version seems up-to-date.
    [2021-12-07 22:33:05,531] [132 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: ProductName: Windows 10 Enterprise
    [2021-12-07 22:33:05,531] [132 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: BuildLab: 19041.vb_release.191206-1406

Sorry, I've no clue. Probably it needs debugging or involvement of another dev.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,
    today I turned on debug logs and almost everything was just working !?
    Only thing not working is the TV recordings view. When I try to open it I see it flashing up really short and then I'm back in the main menu (WMC skin).
    ErrorLog still has a ton of errors in it.
    Other than that it seems fine (V2.4 #81)

Attachments

• Log.zip
      40.1 KB

marabicudi

Portal Member
    May 24, 2009
    Hi,

I have the same issue as osre, since ~ build 75 of v2.4 it is no longer possible to open the TV recordings view. Same applies for the series and movies overview. Also it is no longer possible to search for movies or to browse media items in folder view.

Mara

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom