MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-556] Font rendering issues with Intel HD chipsets on Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is an issue with the font handling in Win 10 Theme. Did not noticed it before I migrate to Windows 10 so probably it is related to this. I'm using the Weekly from May 8th...
    On top of every letter there is an 1 pixel thick white line...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

This is not the case in Default theme(s) or Titanium Extended but in Win10 and Cloudy (that is based on the Win 10 theme)... The screenshot above is with Win 10 Theme...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wondered when this issue gets reported ;) It's not skin/theme specific.

I also have this graphic issue with Windows 10 and the Intel HD graphics. I hoped with each driver version that this issue will be resolved, but unfortunately it wasn't yet. I tried to debug this to find possible code issues, but there is none. Also the upgrade of freetype didn't change things.

Interesting is, that i.e after switching a theme/skin the same text is rendered correctly. But after fresh start it has issues again. I guess it is a kind of texture handling bug (i.e. backbuffer is not correctly cleared, or there is a bug in handling monochrome textures...)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, I can reproduce it clearly related to the Win 10 Theme (and Cloudy as it uses lots of code from Win 10 Theme) on my system. All other themes are showing the text normal... I've switched between themes a lot as I wanted to nail this down. On my system it only appears with Win 10 Theme...

The Intel drivers are really crap on Win 10. This I also had to encounter already...(n)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, there might be more factors that cause the issue: different fonts, fresh start / theme switch are two things I found out.

No influence seems to have switching windowed/fullscreen

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The used font is not the cause of this. I've changed the default font in Cloudy to the one from Titanium, but the issue still remains...
    All we can do is "sit and wait"?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to have a AMD graphic card ;) Though mine caused 3 month blue screens until I deinstalled the latest MS driver and installed the one from Win10 Beta. MS didn't release a proper driver yet. Apart from that the desktop is frequently frozen with Win10.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden can you check the Defaut skin? For me this is the only working font without the thin line artifacts.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    can you check the Defaut skin? For me this is the only working font without the thin line artifacts.
    Same here too. In Default skin all is looking normal.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, I just updated graphics driver to latest beta (.4444) and now I have issues in default skin/font as well. This sucks...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom