MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-563] WASAPI not working for sample rates > 48 kHz (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @Helios61
    Could you please test an installer I'll send you per PM? The buffer size option in BassPlayerSettings.xml config file should be now used for the WASAPI device.

@HTPCSourcer
    Did you changed something at TC? I've created an installer with but the download link was not created:
    [Step 7/7] Not creating installer download

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I was also waiting for more than an hour to get a download link for MP1.
    Maybe build bot is hanging
    I think it is not the same problem, MP2 is not using the build bot. MP2 uses TeamCity for CI.
    I've pushed another change and run the build. Now it is downloading translations... If it's not working this time I'll contact high.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    OK, TC issues sorted out, thanks @HTPCSourcer!

@Helios61
    Please test the installer I've send you and report back the result. Thanks!

@hwahrmann
    If you login to jira and browse the MP2-563 issue then on the git commits tab you can see my changes. Or right on github in our Pre2 branch.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @aspik ,

Does our installer roll out this particular bass player setting file in a fresh install or is it only get created when player settings are defined the first time in GUI? In the former case you could just add a reasonable buffer size to the file and so address the issue for everybody. In the latter case we either need GUI setting options (which IMHO is overkill) or maybe a small addition to your code of the kind:
    • If setting file doesn't exist, set buffer to 175 ms
    • otherwise read buffer settings from settings file
    @hwahrmann , you mentioned that the current Bass player version is having some issues and that updated versions are available. I've also seen that you provided a MP1 test version with updated files. Is there value in also updating the MP2 packages? In this case we may want to create a test branch at our side too.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @Helios61 , we will need you to confirm that the issue has been fixed ;). I will also add @aspik's latest pushes to our release thread so that you can pull the latest status from there if you like.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It would be great if you then posted a comment in your bug thread. I will mark the thread as "fixed", assuming that the change has made (or will make) its way into the master.
    It would be great if you then posted a comment in your bug thread. I will mark the thread as "fixed", assuming that the change has...
    Hi, i've noticed, that MP2 crashed to desktop, if you try to play an audiofile after changing WASAPI exclusiv audio device...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 No AC3 sound ... DE
    @fanol Thanks for providing the log files. However they contain only limited detail. Could you please collect new log files, and this time use the Watchdog tool with option 1 or 2 ("report a bug...") to do it. The Watchdog tool is the preferred method/source for collecting log files. Please use it whenever you can. General...
    @fanol Thanks for providing the log files. However they contain only limited detail. Could you please collect new log files, and...
    Hi! I start to play, and there is no sound. Established LAV 0.68 everywhere. On the other formats and movies is no such problem. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Нет, ничего не делал, иногда такое у меня бывает, но помогало всегда выключение компа. Вчера ничего не помогло. Но интереснее то что, включаю CC Catch и все нормально. Любое другое из того что пробовал выдает такую ошибку. :( LAV использую только в видео, но там со звуком проблем нет. Проблема именно в WASAPI Exclusive, если...
    Нет, ничего не делал, иногда такое у меня бывает, но помогало всегда выключение компа. Вчера ничего не помогло. Но интереснее то...
    Mediaportal 1.7.1 подключен через HDMI к Pioneer VSX-828, системные звуки Windows слышно и все работает, фильмы и видеоклипы так...
    Replies
    Views
    I'll close this thread since audio renderer is now part of the MP release (1.3.0): Any audio renderer bugs should be reported in a separate threads, just like other bugs have been handled during the years Any new audio renderer development / public testing will take place in new thread(s) Big thanks for everyone who has been...
    I'll close this thread since audio renderer is now part of the MP release (1.3.0): Any audio renderer bugs should be reported in...
    Beta warning - Do not use if you aren't willing to take part into the beta testing! Please note that there is currently only...
    Replies
    Views
    Yep, that fixed the problem for me ... at least for watching the "The Event" episode 9 in 720p tonight. I maintained 2% but set timeout to 30 secs. I did not have a single stutter during the whole show. :thx:
    Yep, that fixed the problem for me ... at least for watching the "The Event" episode 9 in 720p tonight. I maintained 2% but set...
    Hi, I sometimes get the error no URL when trying to play some files from svtplay with onlinevideos 0.25. It has worked sometimes...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom