MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-563] WASAPI not working for sample rates > 48 kHz (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marking this thread as "Fixed".

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Does our installer roll out this particular bass player setting file in a fresh install or is it only get created when player settings are defined the first time in GUI?
    The file is always there. We just have to change the default (500ms) value to a better one (like the 175ms).
    I just see that my change will still not work. The settings class (where the config settings are stored) contains also a "Defaults" class, with default values and I wrongly took that class instead of the user configuration... Sorry, I will fix this tonight and post a link to installer in the release thread.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you mentioned that the current Bass player version is having some issues and that updated versions are available. I've also seen that you provided a MP1 test version with updated files. Is there value in also updating the MP2 packages? In this case we may want to create a test branch at our side too.

I found some indication that there could be a playback problem with WASAPI devices, but i think we have fixed it now with the buffer correction.
    In general i think it is a good idea to update once in a while the libraries.
    I already talked to Mathias about that and he said, i should proceed doing it.

So once i have the confirmation from the MP1 side, i will create a MP2 test branch and do the upgrade there.
    Might need your help then on TC how to build that test branch.

I guess sometime next week i would be able to do it.

Edit: It seems also from a discussion on the BASS forum, that the new wasapi library might automatically take care of upmixing a 5.0 -> 5.1

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    t seems also from a discussion on the BASS forum, that the new wasapi library might automatically take care of upmixing a 5.0 -> 5.1
    Excellent! So this would then also fix "MP2-591 Audio channel mapping of 5.0 files is wrong" (y)

i will create a MP2 test branch and do the upgrade there
    Looking forward to it. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom