[Finished] [MP2-608] Schedule Recordings by Channel/Time (1 Viewer)

PrimeTime27

January 24, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am using MP2 and I am trying to figure out how to create a manual schedule for recording TV using MP Client. I can see how I can create a recording based on my Guide listing however, if I want to say record a channel between times A and B regardless of guide, is this this possible?

Thanks in advance!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is not yet implemented, but easy to add.

I moved this thread to "feature request" and put it on the todo-list.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this feature already implemented? If it's easy, perhaps also a feature for coming release.
    Basically I'm not somebody who is recording, at least I do not schedule recordings.
    But sometimes I see something interesting in TV and just press the Record Button in WMC. As I plan to switch to MP2 by time I would also like to see that.
    I already created icons for the Player Controls in TV, so also from design point of view it's easy to add.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this feature already implemented? If it's easy, perhaps also a feature for coming release.
    Basically I'm not somebody who is recording, at least I do not schedule recordings.
    But sometimes I see something interesting in TV and just press the Record Button in WMC. As I plan to switch to MP2 by time I would also like to see that.
    I already created icons for the Player Controls in TV, so also from design point of view it's easy to add.
    Pressing record at any time works in MP2, if I'm not totally confused now.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pressing record at any time works in MP2, if I'm not totally confused now.
    Yes, this is working since ever.
    But you can not schedule a recording with start- time, end- time and channel as it was on old VHS recorders. This is what this topic is about. Afair this was possible in MP1 but I never used it so I'm not sure.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, then just the Record Button is missing in the TV controls. I never know a key combination of MP2. And I have no remote on by development PC :)

I also like the idea, that you can schedule based on variable start and end time.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I am now very confused indeed.

Is it possible to schedule a recording manually in MP2: please answer yes or no.

Cheers

Ralph

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was just going to add a "Recording Button", but then was thinking, if it really is a good idea.
    Placing the button to start a recording is no problem, but it should be a 2-state button, so you know when a press will stop recording.
    I can make the button e.g. "blinking" after first click, but since we do not have a "IsRecoding" parameter avaialble, we would never know for sure, if the recording process is really active. "Blinking" would only mean, that the button was pressed and "blinking" will stop, when you press it another time.

Any thoughts about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom