[Bug] [MP2-704] Leaving FullGuide with ESC displays MiniEPG (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx , the one thing that is not entirely clear is your opinion: If we were entirely free, what behavior would we want to have?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If we were entirely free, what behavior would we want to have?
    I'm afraid I cannot answer this, as I personally don't have other requirements to enter fullscreen, I just hid "red" key and am there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am bringing this up again because my wife keeps telling me that this behavior is absolutely confusing.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    I've been trying out MP2 for about a month now and I have to agree with HTPCSourcer, This is probably one of the main reasons that I'll be returning to MP1 within the next few days....If 'back' is pressed on the handset you would expect to do exactly that and not be presented with another (not so) mini EPG which takes half a dozen key presses or so to navigate out of. I understand that MP1 and MP2 are very different 'animals' but just take a look at the elegant way that the entire EPG is handled in MP1. It's all about the PVR functionality for me and at the moment in this area the logic seems flawed, The timeline also often exhibits some bizarre behaviour (positioned in the last 15mins of the EPG window, So the EPG consists of programs that have finished airing, Oh and there's no 'set reminder' option and Comskip won't work and......well you get the picture.

Anyway please regard the above as constructive criticism because that's 100% how it's meant.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This looks like an old thread, but I believe I have a related issue/request with MP2.3.2.

My HTPC is a dedicated system permanently connected to my amplifier and tv. I use the old WMC remote interface (actually using a Harmony hub with the WMC mapping). So I only use a keyboard when I have to, everything is done with remote. The HTPC is always on and set to never go to sleep.

When I am done watching tv, I simply turn off the amplifier and tv, leaving the HTPC running. When I turn the amplifier/tv back on I always get the mini-guide layered over the tv show. I have to press the Guide button on remote twice to clear the guide. The first press clears the mini-guide and takes me to the full guide, the second press finally clears the full guide so you can see the show. Same behavior when watching Recorded tv, when I press the LiveTV button on the WMC remote, it does take me back to live tv, but need to press the Guide button twice to clear it.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Correction to my previous post.

Powering off then on amp/tv, does not bring up Guide. It was the programming of my Harmony remote, I had a step in the Watch TV activity to send WMC Live TV signal. So the double guide issue I have is when using the Live TV signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom