[fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Since we can add a multi-thousand music collection to a playlist (which then plays) the issue is related to either the saving or the loading process.

+1000 entry playlists are correctly displayed in the playlist overview, but I have no means of verifying if the saving process is ok.

P.S.: This is the first time in 10 years of running MediaPortal, that I touch playlists :LOL:

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have a very simple fix for this. I tried the fix a few days ago when I was investigating, but the build environment is set up so that changing the source code file involved does not trigger a recompile, so I thought my fix was not working.

It basically involves changing the chunk size if ManagePlaylistsModel.cs:329 from 1000 to 500. I will check it in once I have figured out the best place to do it (a branch based on master or WIP, or just directly to master or WIP).

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Sounds good. Although I don’t understand why the chunk size is affecting the behavior, but I am not a developer of course.:notworthy:

When you have your patches, you may post them here, so that I can test the behavior with my playlists.

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    Country flag
    There is a hard limit to the number of parameters the SQLite database will accept. Loading a playlist involves one parameter for each media item in the requested chunk. Chunks bigger than about 500 exceed the database parameter limit.
    Will post an executable later today.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Pull request on its way.
    Could be slightly too early.:cautious:

The good news is that the 1000 track playlist can now be loaded and is playing (y)
    The bad news is that MP2 is not starting correctly. I am getting this screen

786.jpg

and the screen need ti be called from the context menu.

When I restore the original media.dll, things work agains as supposed. Log attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    Country flag
    Could be slightly too early.:cautious:

The good news is that the 1000 track playlist can now be loaded and is playing (y)
    The bad news is that MP2 is not starting correctly. I am getting this screen
    What version are you running - the media.dll I uploaded is based on master (i.e. the release version).

Are you running a WIP version?

Nikki Locke

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 2, 2019
    Country flag
    No problem - here is the fix based on WIP.

[Note - I the original upload had the wrong version in it, so I have uploaded it again]

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    G [fixed] [MP2-786] Party Music Player can only play playlists with less than 1000 items 2.2 Archive 7
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 4
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 58
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3
    catalpa Bug MP2-837 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 2
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    ge2301 Android based client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 3
    R MP2 GUI Issues General 7
    P [solved] MP2 new install, 2 x hdhomerun tuners, client on same PC unable to view TV & recordings Newcomers Forum 8
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    Lichloathe Trakt for MP2 question General 7
    C Streaming/transcoding MP2 vs MP1? General 1
    P MP 2 - Request to add an additional TV series Filename protocal Feature Requests 0
    C Streaming to clients over Wifi. MP1 or MP2? Newcomers Forum 0
    CyberSimian MP2 synchronising of stoptime MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
    M Initial Setup MP2 (On Wndows 10) General 2
    R [solved] MP2 Client ist extrem langsam Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 5
    D [solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? General 5
    T Amazon und Netflix in MP2 - Wie? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    J [solved] How to in MP2 General 19
    M [fixed] [MP2-831] 12h time format shown in TV Guide with Swedish language settings Submit: Bug Reports 27
    Volker MP2 Rewind / zurückspulen bei Live TV funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 3
    B [solved] MP2.2.3 TV Guide not scrolling with mouse wheel General 2