[fixed] [MP2-786] Cannot play audio playlist with >=1000 entries (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since we can add a multi-thousand music collection to a playlist (which then plays) the issue is related to either the saving or the loading process.

+1000 entry playlists are correctly displayed in the playlist overview, but I have no means of verifying if the saving process is ok.

P.S.: This is the first time in 10 years of running MediaPortal, that I touch playlists :LOL:

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a very simple fix for this. I tried the fix a few days ago when I was investigating, but the build environment is set up so that changing the source code file involved does not trigger a recompile, so I thought my fix was not working.

It basically involves changing the chunk size if ManagePlaylistsModel.cs:329 from 1000 to 500. I will check it in once I have figured out the best place to do it (a branch based on master or WIP, or just directly to master or WIP).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds good. Although I don’t understand why the chunk size is affecting the behavior, but I am not a developer of course.:notworthy:

When you have your patches, you may post them here, so that I can test the behavior with my playlists.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    There is a hard limit to the number of parameters the SQLite database will accept. Loading a playlist involves one parameter for each media item in the requested chunk. Chunks bigger than about 500 exceed the database parameter limit.
    Will post an executable later today.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Here is a zip file of the fixed Plugins\Media\Media.dll.

Pull request on its way.

Attachments

• MP2-786Fix.zip
      180.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Pull request on its way.
    Could be slightly too early.:cautious:

The good news is that the 1000 track playlist can now be loaded and is playing (y)
    The bad news is that MP2 is not starting correctly. I am getting this screen

786.jpg

and the screen need ti be called from the context menu.

When I restore the original media.dll, things work agains as supposed. Log attached.

Attachments

• Client.1.zip
      25.5 KB
    Last edited:

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Could be slightly too early.:cautious:

The good news is that the 1000 track playlist can now be loaded and is playing (y)
    The bad news is that MP2 is not starting correctly. I am getting this screen
    What version are you running - the media.dll I uploaded is based on master (i.e. the release version).

Are you running a WIP version?

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    No problem - here is the fix based on WIP.

[Note - I the original upload had the wrong version in it, so I have uploaded it again]

Attachments

• MP2-786Fix-WIP.zip
      183 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom