[Finished] [MP2-789] Remote control support (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have an MCE remote but I can't use the left arrow (back / escape) button on it in MP2.
    Just wondering if any1 else got it working.. Almost the only thing I need now to use MP2 daily.

Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    a question i dont know the answer to is how to map the MCE Remote's colored buttons ? Im used to hitting the red button to switch to/from fullscreen. If any1 knows how id love to hear it!

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    a question i dont know the answer to is how to map the MCE Remote's colored buttons ? Im used to hitting the red button to switch to/from fullscreen. If any1 knows how id love to hear it!
    I did not do that, yet. Will try to set up a tutorial next days.

In general you have several places to start:
    1. The IRSS plugin receives the code of your remote and the IR Server translates it (enabled by default) to an abstract remote code. i.e. Microsoft MCE Remote abstract mapping
      These files are installed to C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\IR Server\Abstract Remote Maps
      You can use the IRSS tool DebugClient to check all the button of your remote.
      If does not show an abstract code for a button you can map it to an abstract one using the tool Abstractor.
    2. Abstract code is then sent from IR Server to the IrInput plugin within MP2. Because MP2 supports also a mapping we mapped the IRSS abstract codes to the MP2 internal ones.
      This file is being installed to:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\IrInput
      As you can see MP2 get the RedButton already as RedButton.
    Question is now at @morpheus_xx, @Albertdo we already have a way to map actions to buttons?
    Even if it would mean editing a file manually?

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We do not have a mapping for remote buttons to global actions yet. I added "yellow" to fullscreen video screen as command to toggle master/pip player, but it's defined inside screen/skin.

The improvement of remote control support is already on the task list for Alpha 2 :)

randomman

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    So I'm completely confused about how to setup a MCE remote... mine isnt working out of the box or with IRSS except for the arrow and ok keys. Anyone got a guide?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So I'm completely confused about how to setup a MCE remote... mine isnt working out of the box or with IRSS except for the arrow and ok keys. Anyone got a guide?

Simply look at the post directly above u. Its not in yet. Give us a break.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yay! i might finally see MP2 on my big-screen =)

mats_o

Portal Member
    September 18, 2011
    Anyway to put in a "works as MC" button/mode?
    MP1 can be a little tricky with just a remote and MC does that a lot better so I think it would be a good idea to make MP2 Capable of being used with only a remote

Users who are viewing this thread