[Finished] [MP2-789] Remote control support (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyway to put in a "works as MC" button/mode?
    MP1 can be a little tricky with just a remote and MC does that a lot better so I think it would be a good idea to make MP2 Capable of being used with only a remote
    Sorry I don't understand the suggestion 100%..

If you are requesting to have the green button usage to start MP2, this will be implemented sometime and is already listed under known issues there: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iver-plugin-mce-remote-support-in-mp2.118085/

Otherwise MP2 can be controlled via remote by IRSS or the new MceRemoteReceiver plugin....

If there are any issues with the navigation or any use case which should be handled better, please create a new thread and describe you request as detailed as possible. We also already have many navigation issues and usage improvements listed in mantis :)

Best Regards,
    chefkoch

Last edited:

mats_o

Portal Member
    September 18, 2011
    It's not about The green button at all.

What I want is to get rid of the need for a Keyboard. For example in MC i can do transponder update from my remote control. Last time i Looked at MP2 I couldn't.

I'll start new threads for navigation as soon as I get time to update my testsystem to current versions ( no idea to test on old version)

mashipx

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    can i just add that IRSS only works for those who use infra red remotes, am i right???.. most remotes these days even MCE class 3rd party remotes are USB via wireless or bluetooth, using HID device commands, so IRSS is useless to those. A MP2 version of messaging plugin would be suffice so that we can still use event ghost to config our remotes to any button we have as it translates button numbers to key stroke commands. Not all of us want to convert to wifi remote as kids wreck phones and tablets, 3rd party MCE remotes are cheaper to replace lol.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Input Device Manager has been completely reworked and is now capable of consuming HID input. In other words, every HID device will now work in MP2. :)

Different input devices can now be individually configured to map MP2 commands and screens function (e.g. Movies or TV) to a key (combination) on the device.

This will be rolled out with MP 2.2.1

Users who are viewing this thread