[fixed] [MP2-813] Album artist filter wrong display (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm also not able to follow the discussion any more. I checked the tags by myself and all tags were correct. But I could not see ID tags anywhere. Perhaps there are some hidden infos I do not see with MP3tag :confused:
    upload_2019-11-17_10-49-7.png

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm also not able to follow the discussion any more. I checked the tags by myself and all tags were correct. But I could not see ID tags anywhere. Perhaps there are some hidden infos I do not see with MP3tag :confused:
    View attachment 202883
    Yes, on my tagging file, you can found propper musicbrainz id, not related to standard tag.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Mp3tag show only standard tag, if you use other software of tagging you can found more entry.
    But i checked this before posting my issue, except proper musicbrainz tag.
    Bit for me, MP will not use it. So I'm wrong

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In the below screenshot (Mp3tag via Extended tags dialog) you can see the tags for the "Come home" track. As you can see MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag lists multiple ID's (separated by ";") but only one name in the ARTIST tag. According to this documentation, that should be the relation stored in the tags. It seems then that Picard is not following its own documentation and is instead using the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag with relation to the ARTISTS tag (which is new and not supported by out tag library AFAIK).
    upload_2019-11-17_14-18-53.png
    EDIT: We could support this by only using the first ID found, but then we would have to assume that the first ID is always the right one. Is that a safe assumption?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @henso, what do you think to drop %artist% tag import when %artists% is present and maybe contain %artist% value.

second stuff; why we use musicbrainz idtag ?

and second quesiton, why the @albumartist sort view in MP don't use the Albumartist value only?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @henso, what do you think to drop %artist% tag import when %artists% is present and maybe contain %artist% value.
    Like I said, the library (TagLib) we use for reading tags doesn't seem to support this.
    why we use musicbrainz idtag ?
    Why not? It uniquely identifies the artist which is very convenient when comparing artists.
    why the @albumartist sort view in MP don't use the Albumartist value only?
    I'm not sure what you mean. You need to describe better what your issue is. If you think you found a bug please make a bug thread so others can confirm it.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Like I said, the library (TagLib) we use for reading tags doesn't seem to support this.
    the version from 2016 ?

Why not? It uniquely identifies the artist which is very convenient when comparing artists.
    i'm ok with that, my question was only to not overcharge DB

I'm not sure what you mean. You need to describe better what your issue is. If you think you found a bug please make a bug thread so others can confirm it.
    the origin of this thread was, the albumartist sort view is not respected on MP Client, it seems use artist node instead of albumartists

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Taglib SHarp can handle Album Artists without any Problems. This is what we do for years.
    If i follow the discussion correctly, MP2 is reyling on MusicBrainz Tags, for whatever reason.

Anyway, you can address MusicBrainz related fields by setting / getting:
    MusicBrainzArtistId
    MusicBrainzReleaseGroupId
    MusicBrainzReleaseId
    MusicBrainzReleaseArtistId
    MusicBrainzTrackId
    MusicBrainzDiscId
    MusicIpId
    AmazonId
    MusicBrainzReleaseStatus
    MusicBrainzReleaseType
    MusicBrainzReleaseCountry

They all will be stored as TXXX frame.
    The AlbumARtist is then store as: "TXXX:MusicBrainz Album Artist Id"

You could use MpTagthat to maintain that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom