[fixed] [MP2-813] Album artist filter wrong display (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Taglib SHarp can handle Album Artists without any Problems.
    The discussion started with issues with the Artist being used instead Album Artist. When investigating that another issue was found: Picard tags the track artists in two different tags: Artist and Artists and. Artist contains only the name of the main artist while Artists contains multiple artists. The MusicBrainzArtistId tag then contains multiple ID's in the same order as in the Artists tag. From what I can see only the Artist tag is read by Taglib. So for Tiglib to support this multiple artists would need to be put in the Artist tag instead. Can you confirm this? See my screenshot in post 25 for more information.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe we should change the thread prefix?
    If you think it is a bug then this one changes to “fixed”. But more importantly we need to reopen the Jira.

Also there is no WiP 2.2.3 in Teamcity. @morpheus_xx wanted to create one.

Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The discussion started with issues with the Artist being used instead Album Artist. When investigating that another issue was found: Picard tags the track artists in two different tags: Artist and Artists and. Artist contains only the name of the main artist while Artists contains multiple artists. The MusicBrainzArtistId tag then contains multiple ID's in the same order as in the Artists tag. From what I can see only the Artist tag is read by Taglib. So for Tiglib to support this multiple artists would need to be put in the Artist tag instead. Can you confirm this? See my screenshot in post 25 for more information.

Well there is nothing like "Artists" in the ID3 Standard.
    This is a user defined tag, which seems to be created by Picard.
    If someone posts a sample file, i would have a look how it is tagged.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok, like i suspected. The file is full of "TXXX" frames, which seems to have been added by Picard

upload_2019-12-3_23-1-7.png

And the standard TPE1 and TPE2 fields contain the Artist and AlbumArtist:

upload_2019-12-3_23-3-29.png

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @henso
    i try the latest commit from WIP2.3 , and i have always issue to show albumartist view.
    For me, nothing related to Picard or %artists% tag, MP don't show the albumartist value ... :(, but show %artist% value when Musicbrainz_AristsTag is different than other files. when track are "featured someone".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom