[solved] MP2 crashes after start: Unhandled exception in application (2 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After starting MP2 it crashes directly with a failure message.
    The failure occures only with the SlimTV Native plugin. I used the latest download for 10th anniverary edition, uploaded from morpheus yesterday. Deinstall and reinstall didn't help.

When starting the TV-Setup, it also crashes directly "SetupTV does not work anymore".

Attachments

• MP2_crash.jpg
      MP2_crash.jpg
      26.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems like you extracted the SlimTV plugin using explorer. Please either unblock all assemblies or simple extract them using 7z or WinRar etc.

System.NotSupportedException: Es wurde versucht, eine Assembly von einer Netzwerkadresse zu laden, was in früheren Versionen von .NET Framework zum Ausführen der Assembly als Sandkastenassembly geführt hätte. In dieser Version von .NET Framework wird die CAS-Richtlinie standardmäßig nicht aktiviert, dieser Ladevorgang kann daher gefährlich sein. Wenn Sie nicht beabsichtigen, durch diesen Ladevorgang eine Sandkastenassembly zu erstellen, aktivieren Sie den loadFromRemoteSources-Schalter. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Ok, problem solved by extracting with 7z. There is another problem, because SetupTV can not find localhost, but I gonna try to fix it by myself at first ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is another problem, because SetupTV can not find localhost, but I gonna try to fix it by myself at first
    You need to have the server plugin (SlimTVService) running. If you run SetupTV from another PC, enter the name of the server PC.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Hello,

The server plugin is running (I have to start is manually). Client and Server are on the same computer.
    SetupTV gives the same message (attached) and makes the server also crash, means after the message appears the server is down again.
    MP2 client starts now, but server crashes after a while. From the log file I see a problem with SQL database, which is not accessable. Anything about SQL to install manually apart from MP2 installation package?

Ge2301

Attachments

• SetupTV_startup.jpg
      SetupTV_startup.jpg
      45 KB
    Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh you have an error I've not seen before yet in other installations :)

It looks like the SlimTvService is not able to create and/or access the SlimTV Sqlite DB.

Does the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE.s3db exists? You can try to delete this file and also the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore folder, then restart MP2-Server. The DB and folder will be recreated with defaults.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Does the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE.s3db exists? You can try to delete this file and also the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore folder, then restart MP2-Server. The DB and folder will be recreated with defaults.
    - No, MP2TVE.s3db does not exist
    - SlimTVCore in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\ does also not exist

Edit: Also both not created, when starting the MP2 server

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested it again in my installation and got same error :( Need more time to debug this and I will publish an update ASAP

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, found this issue, simply but essential ;) The archive is missing the template DB.

Please extract the contained archive (atttachment) to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\
    so the DB will be at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service\Database\MP2TVE.s3db

Then everything should be fine. If you confirm this, I'll upload a fixed plugin tomorrow.

Attachments

• Database.7z
      7.9 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I followed exactly, extracted the folder with 7z and not explorer.
    But I have to tell you, that the same problem remains.
    MP2 server crashes after starting MP2 client or SetupTV (as above) :(

Attachments

• MP2TVE.s3db.png
      MP2TVE.s3db.png
      16.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom