MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

There are only a few series metadata to be found in the MP2 DB itself. This are TVDB-ID, IMDB-ID, Series and Episodes Title, Season and Episodes Nr and the episodes plot. All other metadata and the fanart itself are stored only in the Cache on file system. On Series level the only fields that are read from DB are the both ID fields and the name of the series. If no TVDBID can be fond nothing else can be displayed. Not a fault of MP2-Edit, it's a limitation of the incomplete implementation of series in MP2. So we don't have any series plot showing up in GUI, no Fanart while in season view,...

When there is no information shown then there is an error in your Database. In first post I've tried to explain that the TVDB ID is needed to be present for every episode. Normally this is scrapped during import. Sometimes this fails for various reasons. One reason may be the ugly performance of TVDB.com, another may be the "user friendly" behaviour of MP2 not to import anything if the Importer can't get a unique match. For one series I was forced to name the series folder to a Swedish name (English or German name wasn't unique, so MP2 did not find anything for those series), just to make the series unique and scrapable to MP2. Not an ideal situation, but I have a lot of hopes in the re-factoring of MIAs and the whole ML structure... Luckily MPTVSeries can handle "foreign" series names without issues, so on both, MP1 and MP2 this series was shown with German name, title and descriptions in GUI... Did not try Kodi on this series jet, maybe this will lead to issues, I don't know...

Then you need to fix this errors prior to work on the ML. Normally only a few episodes are without TVDBID. Then MP2-Edit will show the TVDBID and the "red X" near to the ID. Now you only need to refresh the series by clicking on "OK" in Series tree and all is well...

But if there is no TVDBID at all then not a single one of the episodes from this series in your ML have got an ID. This really is bad as the import completely fails for this series. If you are lucky an earlier Import for this series had worked so the metadata are available in file cache. If you now manually enter the TVDBID in the field and refresh the series, Metadata and fanart may appear. But if not, the only way to get this working is to remove the whole series from your import path, start an import to delete the faulty DB entries, add the series to your import path again and do another import, hoping this time it did not fail. I'm not aware of another method to get this reimported. It's a limitation of the current ML, that hopefully will be changed in near future...

Another problem is theTVDB.com itself. This page never was too reliable at all, but at the moment the site is more often not responding than answering. They are working on the page but it will last another month or so until those extreme performance issues are solved. I'm not sure if they really will be solved ever... I can't await the day where TheMovieDB can be a real alternative to the "Diva" TVDB, like it is for (way too much commercial) IMDB regarding movies right now.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you want to look at the cache (to see if your series can be found there), on a regular MP2 installation it is found on the hidden folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\TvDB\" with lots of folders containing metadata (as XML files) and fanart for a series. Those folders are named after the TVDBID numbers:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

For movies the path is: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\TheMovieDB\". But this part I'm still working on so it's not jet relevant to the released version of MP2-Edit

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I confirm that adding the TVDB number cure the problem.
    Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 10.43.35 AM.jpg

I'll delete my db and images cache, and reimport to see if it's better.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll delete my db and images cache, and reimport to see if it's better.
    I would not recommend to delete the image cache. MP2 is using the cache (if available) on importing to a fresh DB too... If the series metadata folder exists, it's more easy to repair your database later, if something went wrong. And as TVDB really isn't in a good shape atm, it's pretty sure you will get some errors during the import....

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Even after fresh reimport, MP2-Edit doesn't show series details :(

I would not recommend to delete the image cache.
    Doh!

And as TVDB really isn't in a good shape atm, it's pretty sure you will get some errors during the import....
    Yeah right, be able to scrap 1 serie correctly out of 51. Restoring the deleted metadata from the recycle bin did the trick!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scrap 1 serie correctly out of 51.
    Really no good quote. For me there are 2 series out of 360 that are failed completely (unique naming issue) and about 500 episodes out of 20.000 without TVDBID. Maybe it's because I only use MKV with proper metatags...

But TVDB isn't working well atm so we can't do anything against it...

I finally have my (series-) DB in a really good shape. Maybe some faulty jpg (often this is caused by people uploading png renamed to jpg), failed thumbanils or (to me) unreadable poster (cyrillic, arabic, chinese,...) are left. I will correct them as soon as I see them.

First time ever I have banner, poster and fanart for every series in my MP2 ML... This was possible "by hand" (using SQLite Expert and Explorer) before but was a lot of work. With MP2-Edit it's a lot easier to achieve. So the 3 weeks of heavy work on MP2-Edit are worth it... I'm pretty sure it will not last more than another 3 weeks until I can use it for movies too...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A little preview showing how far I've gone on the movies part.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

The green "eye" means, the movie is marked as watched. If it was red, then the movie is marked as unwatched. On series there also is a yellow "eye" to show if a series or season is partly watched.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    could you import the watched status from moving pictures?
    This is planed for sure. It won't be that easy as with TVSeries as I need to read this from the MovingPictures Database directly, but I will try to make this work... First I had the plan to read a lot more from MovPic, but as the MP2 .nfo support for movies is near to be usable, I think the way via generating .nfo is the better way. The watched flags are not directly supported by .nfo, so I will add migration support for this. Maybe if there are other parts that are not nicely covered by .nfo, I can add them later, if needed.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you know a way to export the watched Status from moving pictures to mp2? The tool "moving pictures import-export gui" creates an nfo with the watched status, but it is in another format and mp2 does not read it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom