MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you know a way to export the watched Status from moving pictures to mp2?
    Yep. In the MovPic DB there is a field with the watched status of a movie. With an AutoIt tool I can read this and can generate a plain text list with ttxxxxxxxxx numbers from watched movies. This text file I will read into the MP2 media library, similar to the one used for series in TVSeries and MP2-Edit...
    This will be part of the next release of MP2-Edit. I will expect this to be ready in one or two weeks, but no promises....

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Atm I'm fiddling around with the input fields in the GUI to get them fit onto the window. There are a lot of them to place. All technical and logical problems I was able to solve in meantime... :D But I won't have as much time as expected the next days so it will probably lasts another week or two until the movies part is working and can be published...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Short Update...
    The GUI for editing movies is finished. It really was difficult to place all fields onto the GUI without exceeding the window size. For this I have separated the movieset editing. ATM I'm working on the functionality behind the GUI. Once this is done I will add the movies- fanart management (this mainly is copy & paste from the series part) and then I will release the next version. This will be without movieset editing and without migration tools for MovingPictures, MyVideos and MyFilms. Those things are the following steps to work on (means this will be contained in the second next version). When this is ready I will start implementing the audio part and probably the video part as the last part so far. The images part did not make sense as long as the pictures plugin isn't reworked. ATM nothing is stored in ML excerpt for the path to the picture. Also lots of data fields are existing in DB, all of them (really all) are completely empty....

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Done finally.... new version online in first post with the movies part working. Usage is nearly identical to the series part. The tiny differences are described in first post...

And a little glimpse about next steps to follow... The movieset part I had so separate from the movies part due to space issues. This will be the next to do. The migration tools for Moving Pictures, MyVideos (Movie part only) and MyFilms are to follow. And there will be an extra tool running on system start up doing a backup and taking care about old backup files without the user even needs to think about. You always will have a "fresh" replacement database in case of a DB crash or other "bad things happened".

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The backup tool (MP2-Backup) is finished. It is working invisible and without using any notable resources. Thanks to @mm1352000 I was pushed into the right direction using SQLite in- build backup mechanism so the MP2 server didn't even needs to stop during the backup. And MP2-Backup is saving the native TV database(s) too.

The main program (Mp2-Edit) will have options to set how much backups are kept. You also can set up a windows taskscheduler entry to run MP2-Backup automatically. But you also can run it manually e.g. in a batch for EPG- grabbing or in start-up folder or similar...

Next version of MP2-Edit will no longer do a backup on program start. Instead it will call MP2-Backup when it's closed. So you always will have your latest changes saved in a fresh backup...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The Backup Part now is fully functional including automation by a task scheduler entry.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

The task scheduler needs the time in 24 hours format so you have to enter it this way. The time on screenshot is 7pm. If you set 0 as number of backups to keep then all backups are kept and you are responsible for the diskspace your own.

Default settings are do a backup every day of the week at 8pm and keep 7 days of backup...
    When you leave MP2-Edit a manual backup is triggered.

As you are in a hurry ;) , I will release this version soon. probably later today...

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

this Version does not start. (es bleibt da hängen, siehe Bild.). I tried a clean install, but the same.

Bild1.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a message box below the splash screen telling you there are no backups. If you press the "Enter" Key some times it should be gone. Those messages are a relict from an earlier version and I simply forgot to remove them. Will do a new Version asap, stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom