MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (1 Viewer)

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok that works :)[DOUBLEPOST=1423996537][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there a way to edit the Series Name?
    Bild1.png

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to edit the Series Name?
    No.
    If the series name would be changed nothing will be displayed any longer as all Metadata and Fanart are depending on the series name...

Probably later when the multiple MIA rework is ready, but for now there is no way.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New Update... the migration of the watched status from Moving Pictures to MP2 is working here. Tomorrow I will work on MyVideos and after that I will try to do something for MyFilms. But as I don't have any clue about MyFilms I can use any help I can get.
    And then the movieset management, a lot of (boaring ;) ) copy & paste and the movies part is done.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Looks like MyVideos and MyFilms migration is working too. Need to add some config things to GUI (more than expected) but the main functionality is done...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another update. Movieset management is working. Only missing thing to next release is fanart management for moviesets.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And a view at the migration part:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

As you may see, XBMC/Kodi is greyed out as this isn't done now. I will add this later, when I got the basics done.

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i want to import the watched status from moving pictures, i have to select moving pictures on the right and click on [import watched flags and...] "OK" ?
    I want to understand the logic :)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Export is to copy the watched status for all your movies into a .watched file, similar to (inspired by) the ones generated by TVSeries. It is a pure text file with IMDB- tt numbers in, one per line and only tt numbers of watched movies. In (TV)Series this contains TVDB-ID, Season and Episodes number, anything you need to identify a series episode 100%.

This export can be done from various sources like MovingPictures, MyFilms, MyVideos or MediaPortal2. None of those plugins/apps has it's own export mode like TVSeries has. That's why I developed something here, but not for TVSeries. For MP2 and (in a future version) for Kodi there will be both, series and movies to export. MovingPictures, MyVideos and MyFilms can not be used for series, so there only is a movies export.

This option is meant also to backup your MP2 watched status if you need to regenerate the database or you need to move around the shares or something like that.

Once you have generated this "movie.watched" file (no matter out of which source, they are all the same) you can import it into MP2. And you can set the watched count for all movies to 0 before you import the new status, if you want. With this only movies in the list will get the status "Watched". All movies not in this list will be set to "Not watched"...

If you untick the checkmark, only the new status from .watched file will be imported. With this option, all movies that already have the status "watched" will keep it and only the movies that are not jet set to watched, but are in the "movie.watched" file will be set to watched too...

I've attached sample files. The series file name needs to be "export.watched" as TVSeries is naming it this way. And the movies file needs to be "movie.watched". But as both files are generated automatically this did not matter at all.

Step by step:
    1) Select "MovingPictures" on the right. (or any other source you like to use)

2) Click on the "OK" Button right after "Movies - Export watched Flags?" (Now you will have the "movie.watched" file in the configured directory)

3) Tick or untick the checkbox in the bottom- most line as you like.

4) Click on the "OK" Button right after "Movies - Import watched Flags and..." Now the status is imported into MP2 media library.

If you have chosen MyFilms (and later Kodi) there will be a file requester in step 2 to select which database file should be used (MyFilms can have a lot of them and Kodi is a multi user system where every user has it's own db). Any other source has a definite path to their database file. That's why you need to configure the path to the MP1 Database- folder (normally "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database") in the MP2-Edit config.

I've separated this for universal purpose. If this would be a one click only action it isn't that easy to use this as a backup system...

Hope now it's understandable better a bit..

Edit:
    The file requester appears in step 2 not as I wrote before in step 4, sorry... Edited this...

Attachments

• Export.7z
      2.8 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    New version 0.5.0 is online. Notes about what's new and how to use are in first post where you can find the download link too.

Now it will take a while until next development steps can be shown. The next part to work on is the music part. But as I didn't use Music (aside of some testing) in MP2 up to now, first I need to dive deep into the MP2 database for this part, before I can show something new here.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A bugfix- version is online. For some reason I don't understand :confused: the "force" option deleting the schedule for backups got lost in the final program (during my testing it was definitely there). As the resulting "Are you sure" question was invisible it can't be answered, so this leads to an infinite wait. Sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom