MP2-Edit - A MediaPortal 2 Media Library Editor (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've been trying to stick with MP4
    MP2 did not support Metatags from mp4 files now. This mainly is because of the lack of a nice mp4 tool- set like MKVToolnix. And mp4 is much more limited than mkv
    stream to my Roku
    I don't know the Roku. But if it is DLNA/UPnP compatible (as I guess) there will be a solution in not that far future. There is a MP2-Server plugin that transforms it into a full blown DLNA streaming server. This plugin is under development but not ready to use right now.

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP2 did not support Metatags from mp4 files now. This mainly is because of the lack of a nice mp4 tool- set like MKVToolnix. And mp4 is much more limited than mkv
    Good to know, thanks for the info.

I don't know the Roku. But if it is DLNA/UPnP compatible (as I guess) there will be a solution in not that far future. There is a MP2-Server plugin that transforms it into a full blown DLNA streaming server. This plugin is under development but not ready to use right now.
    I believe it does, so I await trying this out.

As it turns out, the Shameless episodes are in mkv format. When I look at the properties, the meta-tags are mostly empty. Is there a preferred naming convention/format for all of this? There is a location for Title and subtitle etc. Would I put the season/episode numbers in one and the episode title in the other or vice versa? Sorry for all the noob-like questions, still learning here.:whistle:

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can name the episodes something like "Shameless - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv" More important is the folder name of the series. You should name it "Shameless (US)"
    Personally I'm using this scheme:

Z:\Series\Shameless (US)\Season 01\S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

For multi episodes in one file (yes, MP2 is supporting "unlimited" episodes in a single file) you can name it like: S01E01E02E03... This is perfectly working here in any media software I've used or tested (MP1, MP2, Kodi, Plex,...)

But if the files are mkv you may try to add metatags with my tool MKV Buddy. Link is in my signature.

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    They are already named in that format. For some reason both in MP1 (TV-Series) and MP2 it never seems to pick up the "US" and pulls the British info. Only the main folder is titled that way, the individual episodes don't have the US designation. It only showed as Season 1, does it need to show as Season 01? I will check out the MKV Buddy. I was able to change the ID number in TV-Series configuration for MP1 and get it working. Still trying to fix in MP2. If I understand correctly i need to re-import everything in MP2 once I correct the naming/tagging etc. How do I do that?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do I do that?
    You don't need to do anything special. If you have activated the automatic Media Shares refresh the new named files will be available when the next automatic refresh is finished. If you don't want to wait that long, you can trigger a manual refresh from any client in settings-> media share (or sources, did not know the exact English term as I'm using a German GUI) -> shares overview. During such a refresh, all no longer available files will be removed from the media library too.

MP2 can use foreign series names, if they are unique then... As example you may try to use the German series name "Shameless - Nicht ganz nüchtern". Probably this will give you a better result. All metadata is downloaded in your selected language, no matter what name the series folder will have... Before I had all my series properly tagged I had used Swedish names on some series but all metadata are downloaded in German...

It's a pity that the TVDB API did not allow searching by Series ID. This would make the grabbing easier a lot as you could use the ID as series name,. But sadly this is not possible...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does it need to show as Season 01?
    Overllookes this.
    It's not a must, but it's better to have season and episodes number at least with two digits... When you want to test MKV Buddy those two digits definitely are necessary. And specials needed to be named like S00 and "Season 00"...

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, I'll keep trying. I think the MKV buddy may help. I ran into some issues but I'll figure it out or post in that thread. I appreciate all the help, and I'm sure I'll be needing more.:confused:

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    After some more tweaking it turns out I had to have (US) in the title for every episode instead of just the folder. Once I edited all the episode names everything works great. @Lehmden Thanks again for all your help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I needed to release an updated version of MP2-Edit. Since a while the external start and stop of the MP2 service did not work reliable under all circumstances. MP2-Edit sometimes crashes if this happens. This is increasing lately, so I've removed the automatic start and stop. This you now need to do manually with the MP2-ServiceMonitor that comes with your MP2 installation. If you don't encounter any issues with the old version, you don't need to upgrade. (Sadly I did need the upgrade...)

David Scott

Portal Member
    April 20, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Error when opening MP2 Edit (with server service manually stopped)
    AutiIt Error
    Line 18279 (file " path to mp2-edit.exe"
    Error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable/

Using latest MP2 2.1 pre release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom