Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 Metro

Hey cool, you're one of the very few people who create a concept before they start coding! Very good!

Hints about modifying the main menu items:

• If you want to have your own menu items, you can simply add a workflow action file in your skin. If you want to remove items from the standard list, that is a feature MP2 is prepared to provide without any further work, but that feature is not yet completely implemented in the system. The idea is that the skin dev also provides a workflow action file in his skin which has a special "remove" entry for that workflow action which should not be present in the menu. I just have to implement that the remove entry is evaluated.
    • To show own pictures for each menu item, you do not necessarily need to modify the menu list items to which your main menu items list is bound. As far as the button images are static and should not dynamically change, you can just bind to an image of the name of the current menu item's workflow action GUID with an attached ".png", for example. Morpheus does something like that in his BackgroundManager and Black Backdrop plugins. He uses a MultiBinding to set the image's Source property to the menu action's GUID plus ".png".

jaminben

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Norwich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Indeed, cool stuff...... However I'm not able to select the skin after I've built the source code. I'm pretty new to all this source code building etc so I can't be too much help in working out whats wrong but what I have noticed is I don't have any folders for Metro skin under MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins after I've done a build. I've placed all the files from MetroSkin into the Incubator as you said to do. Any ideas?

Cheers

Ben

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP2 Metro

Indeed, cool stuff...... However I'm not able to select the skin after I've built the source code. I'm pretty new to all this source code building etc so I can't be too much help in working out whats wrong but what I have noticed is I don't have any folders for Metro skin under MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Release\Plugins after I've done a build. I've placed all the files from MetroSkin into the Incubator as you said to do. Any ideas?

Cheers

Ben

All plugins must be selected to be built in the build configuration in Visual Studio. Check the Metro skin plugin to be built.

jaminben

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Norwich
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: MP2 Metro

Cheers

Ben

All plugins must be selected to be built in the build configuration in Visual Studio. Check the Metro skin plugin to be built.

I thought it should be but its not in the configuration list for some reason..... I can see RisingSkin and I've copied over the files for Metro and the folder structure looks the same.

I'll try re-downloading the files to see if that makes any difference.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I just tried myself: you need to add the MetroSkin to Incubator folder, add the existing .csproj to the MP2 client solution. Then you need to change the build target of the MetroSkin project to "x86" instead of AnyCPU, that's it.

You should also remove then the "Mixed Platform" and "AnyCPU" build targets from solution.

jaminben

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Norwich
    Home Country
    Re: AW: MP2 Metro

I just tried myself: you need to add the MetroSkin to Incubator folder, add the existing .csproj to the MP2 client solution. Then you need to change the build target of the MetroSkin project to "x86" instead of AnyCPU, that's it.

You should also remove then the "Mixed Platform" and "AnyCPU" build targets from solution.

Thats got it.... sort of :)

I can now build the skin ok with no errors and have it as a selectable skin option in MP2 but when I start the skin all I get is a purple background.... I've changed the settings in the xml file to make sure its getting loaded on a client cycle (which it does) but its still a purple background and nothing else. Any ideas?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I can confirm it :) The skin currently also uses the GUI demo plugin.

so if you add the \Resources\GUITestPlugin project to solution it should work

jaminben

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Norwich
    Home Country

I can confirm it :) The skin currently also uses the GUI demo plugin.

so if you add the \Resources\GUITestPlugin project to solution it should work

It's now working :)

Going off topic now... sorry OP (please move if you want).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and please don't take this the wrong way but I'm guessing your (Team MP) still a very long way from any sort of public alpha/beta as indicated in the another thread within the MP2 forum. I've read a few post's that indicate your aiming for a rough release date of 2014/15 so its understandable that its pretty buggy at the moment. Although I don't have the skills to be of any real value to MP2 at the moment I can help test and make suggestions if you'd like any help in these areas?

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Added Codeplex page as promised for project details and source code.

Thanks hardcorehire for sharing. Nice job, keep working and you'll give us a great skin.

Going off topic now... sorry OP (please move if you want).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and please don't take this the wrong way but I'm guessing your (Team MP) still a very long way from any sort of public alpha/beta as indicated in the another thread within the MP2 forum. I've read a few post's that indicate your aiming for a rough release date of 2014/15 so its understandable that its pretty buggy at the moment. Although I don't have the skills to be of any real value to MP2 at the moment I can help test and make suggestions if you'd like any help in these areas?

jaminben, 2014/2015 is a date set in our mantis, only because we did not fixed any date for the 1st alpha release.
    We're trying to release the best alpha as possible, but as you may have see, we're still facing some issues...

Any good bug reports (I mean including logs and step to reproduce please) are very welcome. If you find a bug only in MetroSkin but not in Rising or default skins, then it should in my mind be treated directly with hardcorehire, as MetroSkin still very work in progress.

Cheers.

Smeulf.

jaminben

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Norwich
    Home Country

Any good bug reports (I mean including logs and step to reproduce please) are very welcome. If you find a bug only in MetroSkin but not in Rising or default skins, then it should in my mind be treated directly with hardcorehire, as MetroSkin still very work in progress.

Cheers.

Smeulf.

Sorry, I didn't mean to pick out MetroSkin in particular..... I'll have a look at the bugs forum and see if I can work out how you guys do things and maybe submit some of my observations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom