MP2 Metro (1 Viewer)

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry I missed so much going on. Yes sorry the skin is very very much still a work in progress. I forgot that a few things were hardcoded and that I had the extra GuiDemo plugin selected. I'll work on making this more flexible for other systems as well as changing it to X86 cpu configuration.

I am planning on changing the options menu and layout just a little this weekend so that there are arrows at the top, bottom, and right hand of screen to bring up the following:

Right side menu - Navigation links back to home page and direct link to settings with settings being removed from menu
Top Menu - Options available from within plugin (for now will just be the alternate menu ie workflow navigation from the plugin)
Bottom Menu - Still deciding possibly generic options Any suggestions let me know.

I am always looking for any suggestions good or bad. Critisism is just as welcome as praise in my mind that is how things get better. I am pulling a team together to help and have a working skin by the time MP2 is released. I spend a looooottttt of time on this, but am just an amaeture and spend 75% of the time researching both MP2 and xaml as I do actually coding.

I do have a clear direction and goals in mind per my codeplex page if interested.

Thanks for all the support I hope everyone enjoys this skin once completed.

Per the updated Codeplex page under Documentation...

Planned changes at the moment will implement and repost new source code soon...

Changed project to X86 build instead of Any CPU

Changed the images to match the background manager of the rising skin so that the names are not static and can be more flexible to any installed plugin configuration

Modified StartMenuModel to be derived from MenuModel class instead of copying (this will hopefully stop from freezes when swithing to MP2 Metro from already running skin)

Changed Layout concept so that the content takes up the entire page and the menu's (Top,Right,Bottom) overlay the content that way the content takes up the most space without being obstructed.

Added the menu's (Top,Right,Bottom)

Next Steps V1.2

Active Tiles and/or Active background for plugins

Possible animation

Possible new button styling

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
per codeplex update available under downloads MP2 Metro V1.1...

Release V1.1

Changed CPU to x86

Changed StartMenuModel to be derived from base class MenuModel - Allows simply setting local m_menuitems to MenuItems

Added drop down menu for top plugin options and side menu navigation to home and settings

Modified how images are associated to tiles so they are more dynamic and added default image in case plugin exists without image.

Next Steps
*BUG Still not sure how best to reinitialize menu for instance if you click on playlist then go back to home menu the "tiles" are still there just the images are not set tried addin init back to public HomeTiles with no luck

Animation

Active Tiles

Modified button styles (see note below)

Want to see anything else let me know

Still would love to hear any feedback good or bad also I am terrible at creating images and icons if anyone is a good artist but not a coder and wants to develop images for tiles, buttons, side menu arrows, really anything just PM me.

Thanks

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
For those that don't want to work with the source code and build the solution here is the folder just extract to the following folder. Let me know what you think.

MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Bin\MP2-Client\bin\x86\Debug\Plugins

Thanks

Attachments

• MetroSkin.zip
    17.7 MB

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
Just posted updated screenshots on the first post...

Uploaded latest source code to Codeplex.
MP2 Metro

Changes:

Simplified code both xaml and models

Added more models to separate a heafty StartMenuModel class including:
BackGroundModel - Changes background through a setting
OverlayMenuModel - Handles the top and side options menus
UserLoginModel - For right now this just sets a generic "your name" tag I had problems with the MP2 LoginModel not loading not sure if this is a bug in MP2 or mine will keep working on to get current user and display in right corner of startmenu.

Added Background selection dialog with basic solid colors and advanced selection to any jpg

Better looking side menu once in plugin

Changed default buttonwidestyle

Added animation back to page transitions (Hope to further improve this next release)

Modified tile images - Still working on how best to implement live tiles

Added scrolling effect to tiles on start menu - Not sure I like this still needs to be more 3x3 grids will continue to develop

*Bugs*
Still notice if you are running a MP2 server and open the client before all the menu items become available the tile images are set the plugin does catch the changes per messaging from the MenuModel of the skinbase, but after tiles images are set they sometimes don't refresh and appear. If you click where the images are you will find they are actually there and if you hit escape after entering a plugin they are all back.

bombus

Portal Pro
July 15, 2009
Novara
Home Country
Italy Italy
It seems that a lot of people like the metro style i'm working on! can we join our works? I know you are working on mp2 but we can share our designs (i'm using fireworks: it's easier to handle vector images with that!)

more we are faster it will be completed!

see my thread and/or pm me!

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello, where i can see the screens from the metro skin `? On first page i can't see only placeholder !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom