[Bug] MP2 Native TV ATSC Scanning Error (2 Viewers)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok, patch attached.

/gibman

Attachments

• 0002-atsc-fix.patch
      4 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, here we go. I've compiled a complete version of TVE35 including a modified TsWriter.ax version. I also made minor changes in C# side, i.e. including gibman's fix for CA capability detection.

I also changed tvlibrary, so that empty channel names are filled with the "unkown-freq-sid".

Please let us know your results of:
    1. Clean install, fresh channel scan. Try a tuning. Post logfiles
    2. A test case: set a ATSC channel to "scrambled" and try to tune it. Post logfiles, it should not consider analogue tuners.

Attachments

• SlimTv.Service_ATSC_Tuning_Fix_TEST.7z
      3.9 MB

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just did a clean install of MP2 winter release. Deleted default Slim.Tv.Service folder and copied folder from the above post #22. I didn't get any channels named with anything, and still got the all cards busy error. Here are the log files and db.

Attachments

• MP2TVE.zip
      80.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please add also the TsWriter.log (MP1 folder)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    looking at tv.log I see to traces of "analog: build graph".. so at least the analogue card should be fine.

/gibman

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    Morpheus_xx was just working on it over teamviewer...Seems like a lot of work yet to figure it out. Still not correct and analog doesn't even try and scan it closes MP2. He can explain better than I can what he sees.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found the issues:
    1. The empty names are caused by commented code (done by mm with "TODO" statement). I enabled this part until better code is available
    2. Scanning of multiple transponders fails, because only first tune request succeeds. All further tunes don't change the tuned frequency, so you get only the channels from first frequency repeated.
    3. Analog graph building worked after MP1 was installed (because of MPEG 2 muxer, installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\)
    4. Analog scanning seems to be broken, probably "channel sanity check" related:
      [2013-03-10 15:06:46,583] [391519 ] [21 ] [DEBUG] - card: tuned user: HNHPD5 subchannel: 0
      [2013-03-10 15:06:46,584] [391520 ] [21 ] [ERROR] -
      System.InvalidOperationException: idChannel is invalid
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.UserManagement.AddSubChannelOrUser(IUser user, Int32 idChannel, Int32 subChannelId)
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.CardTuner.AfterTune(IUser user, Int32 idChannel, ITvSubChannel result)
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
      @gibman, can you check this special part?
    The error handling for point 2 needs to be fixed and we need a solution how to avoid tuning errors.

Last edited:

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    OHIO
    Home Country
    Is there still the small bug of multiple scans duplicating channels instead of ignoring or updating?

Thanks for the update I'm glad I could help sort this out.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I found this comment in code:
    //No support for channel moving, or merging with existing channels here.
    //We do not know how ATSC works to correctly implement this.
    So it seems currently "by design". Needs more investigation for a proper solution!

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think I found the issues:

1. The empty names are caused by commented code (done by mm with "TODO" statement). I enabled this part until better code is available
    2. Scanning of multiple transponders fails, because only first tune request succeeds. All further tunes don't change the tuned frequency, so you get only the channels from first frequency repeated.
    3. Analog scanning seems to be broken, probably "channel sanity check" related:
      [2013-03-10 15:06:46,583] [391519 ] [21 ] [DEBUG] - card: tuned user: HNHPD5 subchannel: 0
      [2013-03-10 15:06:46,584] [391520 ] [21 ] [ERROR] -
      System.InvalidOperationException: idChannel is invalid
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.UserManagement.AddSubChannelOrUser(IUser user, Int32 idChannel, Int32 subChannelId)
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.CardTuner.AfterTune(IUser user, Int32 idChannel, ITvSubChannel result)
      at Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.CardManagement.CardHandler.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
      @gibman, can you check this special part?
    The error handling for point 2 needs to be fixed and we need a solution how to avoid tuning errors.

I'd like to see more of the ST for : System.InvalidOperationException: idChannel is invalid

can't find it in hardcorehire's logs...

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom