MP2 picture and sound sync issues (2 Viewers)

OwenM

Portal Member
April 27, 2016
Home Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
I have recently rebuilt my media PC, win10, and MP2. Since then the playback rapidly goes out of sync. Have installed Lav decoders but no change. Somethimes if I stop the player and resume from same point the video may reset and catch up, but often just stays out of sync and the gaps get bigger.

What am I missing! VLC Player has no issues on same rig.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you change the GUI antialiasing settings? They are known to cause issues, so if you did, please reset them to "none".

Otherwise please collect and post logfiles :)

beckersbest

Portal Member
    July 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this problem, it happens
    • SD or HD TV
    • Series or Movies, no matter if mkv or mp4 format

Sometimes sound/picture fits, sometimes it runs out of sync pretty fast. No anti aliasing activated. LAV codecs used. Using other media players (Win 10 internal, VLC) without any sync problems. Stoping playback and resuming often solves the problem, at least for a certain time.

I used MP1 for years without any sync problems (also LAV Codecs), therefore, from my point of view, it has something to do with MP2 or a newer version of LAV codecs.

Will try to put together the log files. Btw way installed a similar system (INTEL NUC HD 5000, Win 10, MP2) for a friend. He's reporting similar issues.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had that exact issue on all of my MP2 clients and it's been there for quite a few versions now. It was a gap in sync that kept getting larger, pausing made it worse and stopping then restarting a movie temporary fixed it. As I recall, resuming from pause started the video then the audio later causing a larger gap.

Turning off the refresh rate change under setting / players / video player / enable refresh rate change fixed it for me. Those were all Win 10 systems with Intel graphics using Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Haswell refresh i3's and i5's.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    At first, you are using the very old "Summer 15" Build.
    Second, you are using a very strange screen resolution (1824x1026).
    I would recommend to fix this two issues before digging deeper. Aside those two issues all looks pretty normal to me inside the logs.

VLC Player has no issues on same rig.
    VLC has it's own codec system and is not comparable with MP at all. VLC is very easy, but also has very limited picture quality. If you want to check if the issue is on your system or on MP then you need to use WMP or MPC-HC as they both are using the Windows DirectShow system like MP does.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi I think I am suffering from some syncing issues too. Also some judders that appear now and again. I saw a couple so stopped playback and tried a different movie but then I experienced a constant juddering where it was freaking out (very fast and didn't look like a stutter, maybe it was playing previous frame over again I don't know, audio was fine though), so stopped playback and pulled logs. Hopefully they show something but I don't see anything :(

FYI I don't have these issues in MP1 on the same machine.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have this issue with some series, sound and picture become asynchron. I need to press "pause" and backward a bit, then both is synchron again in most cases, but not always.
    For me the turnover to MP2 is frozen at the moment. It's due to above and too many small points, that are ignored. Instead of working on new functions the exsiting ones should work at first, especially, if the head capacity of Devs is so limited.
    • I want to be able to configure MP2 according to my needs, but I can find only basic settings. Visually every skin should have it's own settings and users can select what to show and hide.
    • Most people are not understanding the mapping of the remote keys. It's somehwere hidden in wiki and even here things are not transparent.
    • Why not defining a button, that opens a dialog, showing all mapped keys on current screen!? "Intuativity and Simpliness" are the key words
    • I hear always "MIA rework". Why don't you ask the existing Devs to join together and finish this one? If almost every second point depends on the MIA rework, it makes not much sense to work on 10 other topics until it's finished.
    MP2 could be a great software with nice skins, but it's unfortunately not mature enough in the basic things :(

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi I think I am suffering from some syncing issues too. Also some judders that appear now and again. I saw a couple so stopped playback and tried a different movie but then I experienced a constant juddering where it was freaking out (very fast and didn't look like a stutter, maybe it was playing previous frame over again I don't know, audio was fine though), so stopped playback and pulled logs. Hopefully they show something but I don't see anything :(

FYI I don't have these issues in MP1 on the same machine.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose? Weird issue I've never seen before in years of MePo use. Maybe if I can catch it again I will record a video with my phone. PS, is there an overlay like MePo that would be useful to screenshot when it happens again? Shift + 1..

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, you can toggle:
    • F10: Render statistics
    • F11: Sync Mode (default, vsync, max performance)
    • F12: 3D GUI modes (like SBS, TAB)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom