MP2 picture and sound sync issues (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I want to be able to configure MP2 according to my needs, but I can find only basic settings.
    That's exactly as planed. We wanted to avoid the same configuration nightmare that MP1 was. You simply don't need to configure that much in MP2.

Most people are not understanding the mapping of the remote keys.
    Get yourself a fully working remote and you never need to touch this. I'm using MP1 and MP2 for a very long time now and I never ever was in a need to even have a look where to map a key at all.

Why don't you ask the existing Devs to join together and finish this one?
    Every available Dev with enough skills ist working on this. Bud sadly the count only is 1. There are no others that have the skills and some spare time to work on this.

And about the "real" topic.
    PS, is there an overlay like MePo that would be useful to screenshot when it happens again?
    Yes it is. The key to toggle this is "F10"
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's exactly as planed. We wanted to avoid the same configuration nightmare that MP1 was. You simply don't need to configure that much in MP2.
    100% disagree. Then it is not well planned, it shouldn't be like this. Default settings can be set as they are now. But users should have the chance to configure their product. Nobody is forcing suers to change settings, so the comparison with MP1 does not help. Just go through the forum and you'll see that most users want to change something according to their needs and they can not. It's frustrating and makes users finally return to MP1 or other software's.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    users should have the chance to configure their product.
    I must agree with Timhoh1234. Taking away the user's ability to customise his installation the way that he wants is a retrogressive step. "One size fits all" is not the solution.

The right solution is to define the settings in such a way that it is possible to identify sensible defaults that will be satisfactory for many (perhaps most) users, but without removing the ability of users to choose different settings if they want.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This was decided long ago as no one ever would have such a configuration nightmare that MP1 was. At first I also was not happy with this, but I have to agree to this decision in meantime. I even don't need all the configuration options that are available today. So imho it could have even less configuration than it has now...
    I'm no fan of having that much configuration options in GUI, only very basic things should be possible here. Let's wait and see what else will be possible once the ASP.NET Server and the Web- Interface is ready for daily use. It will bring much more configuration options than I would like to have, but it never will be that ugly as MP1 configuration was. Not to speak about Kodi, what is a perfect example of how NOT to do it...

OwenM

Portal Member
    April 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    updated as suggested. screen resolution is to fit properly on tv panel, as suggested by Nvidia gpu software.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are a few things in your log:
    • [2016-05-04 21:17:13,959] [594286 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - SkinEngine MainForm: Display changed refresh rate, size remained 1459x821@32. --> This looks like you are using a higher DPI setting for Windows (i.e. scaled to 125%). But in principle this should cause no issues in MP2.
    • If you forum signature is correct, you live in Hong Kong, which uses PAL as default TV standard (means 25 fps). So a general recommendation is to set your screen/TV to 50 Hz (multiple of 25)
    • When playing back other framerate videos, the RefreshRateChanger (RRC) tries to switch the refresh rate. This is done to avoid "micro stutters" that can appear due to frame rate mismatch. But many users won't notice them at all. So if you experience sync issues, you better disable the RRC.
    There are more things to check, which are not related to playback:
    1. There is an exception accessing a video folder: Please make sure that MP2 (server) has read-permissions there
      System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\Movies' is denied.
    2. [2016-05-04 21:22:40,142] [920469 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - AudioMetadataExtractor: Audio file '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///F:/TV Shows/Midsomer Murders/S18E01 - Habeas Corpus.mp4' seems to be broken -->
      Here are two possible issues: the folder sounds like it is a Series folder, but the exceptions come from Audio MDE. Please make sure you configure one single folder only with a single media type (try to avoid mixed audio/video/image categories). Reason: MP4 can be both audio or video, so the Audio MDE also tries to read a video.
    3. [2016-05-04 21:22:40,223] [920550 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - VideoMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///F:/TV Shows/Midsomer Murders/S18E01 - Habeas Corpus.mp4' (Text: 'mvhd box not found.')
      --> this message I don't know yet. Looks like a "broken" file or the MP4 library is not able to read it.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, so I am now using the test build with filtering enabled. But I still have exactly the same problem. Crazy juddering which comes, sometimes for a short while, sometimes for a minute or more but usually fixes itself.. but always comes back.

I have attached logs and also managed to get a video with the overlay on also. It is always represented by the blue line. It is usually high and flat, but when this happens it goes low and bounces around like crazy. When the problem goes away, the blue line has returned to normal. The video isn't the best, but you can see the juddering clearly.

If you watch at 26 / 27 seconds during the scene transition, it almost looks like it is not just a judder but it is repeating old frames or something? There isn't much motion in this scene so it's not pronounced, but when there is action, its really crazy looking.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for providing logs and even a video(y)

Hi, so I am now using the test build with filtering enabled. But I still have exactly the same problem.
    My main question would be: how it does play if you disable RRC at all?

But many users won't notice them at all. So if you experience sync issues, you better disable the RRC.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yes. Disabling RRC fixed the problem. Why is that? Bug?

Also, why 5-6 seconds on selecting movie for playback to begin? Is that considered normal?

Last edited:

OwenM

Portal Member
    April 27, 2016
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    hi morpheus,

uploaded new files, fixed permission and broken file issues. still getting some lag as files progress. TV is 42" Toshiba that doesn't like full resolution so have to scale back, unless another way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom