MP2 Server as a Windows Service? (1 Viewer)

joemorin73

Portal Member
September 11, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
If this is a timing issue, I understand. But will the MP2 Server module ever become a windows service? This is quite useful in server setups.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    there are tools to use "any" app as service.. does mp2 work with these? like firedaemon?

Not tested, and I would not recommend to use it this way. But you're free to try, I just can't give support if you have any error with this configuration...

joemorin73

Portal Member
    September 11, 2007
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm the first that would enjoy the MP2 Server as a service, but let's not rush Dev. This is an Alpha after all. Running as a service will be needed. I'm hoping that and admin app is also in the works. Perhaps via a WCF connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    Thanks for the information. I completely new to this topic but your reply is exactly what I needed. Appreciate it!
    After initially having some success with MP2 (ver. 2.4.1).....I've been trying to get TVMosaic to work. Now, I seem to have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom