mpproblem

Portal Member
July 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2

Description
the above package has several problems
running Windows10 the package does not install the TV-configuration allowing one to define country , region
thus cannot set up any TV channels/stations and logos in fact no TV service.

the only Icon does not reflect version

documentation is only to say this download has been released

Steps to Reproduce:
clear all MP versions via UnInstall via control panel
Rebooted
Downloaded mp2-setup-2.2.zip
Unzipped
run package

fumed !!

mpproblem

Portal Member
July 28, 2015
Home Country
1) The MP2 can only be run via administer mode (using Windows 10)

2) There is no background "-" icon

Although both (Hauppauge) ports scanned and mapped via TV-configurator

3) The MP2 program displays stations in what appears a random order (best would be LCN or Alphabetical),

4) but the EPG never updates or can the current broadcast function/display.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP2 can only be run via administer mode (using Windows 10)
    What exactly do you mean by "The MP2"? Neither the client app nor TV Config require admin rights to run.

There is no background "-" icon
    I don't understand what you mean. What is a background icon?

The MP2 program displays stations in what appears a random order
    Again, we have a Wiki. MP2 will display channels exactly in the same order as in the respective channel group. You can change the order in the TV Configuration tool as you wish. Alphabetically, manually, whatever you like.

the EPG never updates or can the current broadcast function/display.
    This is not WMC and EPG needs to be set up first. Did you do that?

mpproblem

Portal Member
    July 28, 2015
    Home Country
    in regard to "The MP2 can only be run via administer mode (using Windows 10)" I am referring to the client
    to run I need to invoke Administrator mode for client to start

In regard to "EPG needs to be set up first" NO I did not do the impossible - there is no CAM module so there EPG grabber

The comment "You can change the order in the TV Configuration " has been avoided over the years, yes one can manually order the stations , but there is no EASY way of bulk ordering via Logical Channel Number (used nationally in UK) or alphabetically

finally "What is a background icon?" -- in most microsoft apps the top right corner has 3 single characters " - square X"
    the X is to eXit
    the square is to toggle size od window ---- not present in Client
    the "-" minus is to allow program to run in the background and allow other apps to be pulled to the foreground

Foreground in my case was to look at logs !

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in regard to "The MP2 can only be run via administer mode (using Windows 10)" I am referring to the client
    to run I need to invoke Administrator mode for client to start
    The client does generally not need admin privileges, something is wrong with the installlation then.

In regard to "EPG needs to be set up first" NO I did not do the impossible - there is no CAM module so there EPG grabber
    Why it’s impossible to look into wiki and configure the EPG first? It has nothing to do with CAM.

The comment "You can change the order in the TV Configuration " has been avoided over the years, yes one can manually order the stations , but there is no EASY way of bulk ordering via Logical Channel Number (used nationally in UK) or alphabetically
    What was avoided over years? I can unfortunately not follow you well. You can select ordering by logical channel number in TV settings with one click. I’m not sure which easier solution you have in mind.

finally "What is a background icon?" -- in most microsoft apps the top right corner has 3 single characters " - square X"
    the X is to eXit
    the square is to toggle size od window ---- not present in Client
    the "-" minus is to allow program to run in the background and allow other apps to be pulled to the foreground
    I implemented this already and it will be available with next release soon.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no EASY way of bulk ordering via Logical Channel Number (used nationally in UK) or alphabetically
    Sure there is. Just click on the column header and channels will be ordered by name, by number, by provider, whatever you like.

mpproblem

Portal Member
    July 28, 2015
    Home Country
    In trying to re-install MP2 Client and TV server , I find that I can use "Control Panel" and then "Programs & Features" and then request uninstall.

The programs are removed, the icons are gone . HOWEVER on reinstalling the package all the previous configuration are still there, so that media souces are difficult to change, tuning information is still present, so that the configuration problems are still there, old audio still there, old images still there so what use is the reinstall
    there should be options to delete database entries, albeit with warnings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HOWEVER on reinstalling the package all the previous configuration are still there, so that media souces are difficult to change, tuning information is still present, so that the configuration problems are still there, old audio still there, old images still there so what use is the reinstall
    Normal, as ProgramData-stored information is retained. Delete \ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal and everything is gone.

there should be options to delete database entries, albeit with warnings.
    Check Jira and you'll see this on the ToDo list

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom