MP2 - Source code for TvEngine3? (currently only available as package) (1 Viewer)

bilkusg

Portal Member
March 12, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Came across this thread while looking for information about building the TV plugin for MP2. What is the current ( Jan2019) status of this. I've gone to the github repo which seems to be active, but after downloading it, it's not clear what I should build or how to deploy the result into MP2. Are there any useful instructions?
Thanks,

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In principle it should be:
    Then you can place the nupkg in a local folder and define this folder as additional pacakge source. This way you can update/reference the nuget packages without the need to push them into official repos (which you can't do).

bilkusg

Portal Member
    March 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately, I seem to fail at the first step (building the source) with lots of:
    Error CS0012 The type 'IsConstModifier' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.VisualC, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. Core c:\dev\ProgSrc\MediaPortalTVE\MediaPortal-1\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIFontManager.cs 489 Active

I assume this is some kind of inconsistency between the dev environment and what's expected (I'm using VS2017 community ).
    What should I be using?

Oh, and I've used the default branch: FEAT_TVE3_SQLite if that is significant...

Thanks

bilkusg

Portal Member
    March 12, 2011
    Home Country
    OK, I've managed to compile and run MP2-Server, so I can now try to play with the source code a bit. Thanks for your help.
    For the benefit of anyone else doing this,
    - the AVMTuner plugin was the only part which didn't compile - I had to add some references and comment out stuff, so I don't think it's working in this branch
    - I realise that I was confused by the original answer because the references to pages in the github repo in your message last night turned into funny html pointers with the actual page not visible until I hover over/click on the links. Once I realised that, I discovered why I had tried to build the wrong solution at first.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice you could get further (y). I have to check the AVMTuner plugin for build issues.

What do you plan to do? I am curious ;)

bilkusg

Portal Member
    March 12, 2011
    Home Country
    My main problem is with series recordings based on the OTA EPG for Freeview in the UK
    1. Some programs appear with the title New: before the program name, and as a result don't get recorded if the previous series didn't have New:
    2. Quite often the EPG data clearly shows that the program is a repeat of one already recorded, but it still gets recorded anyway because the right fields don't match ( or something )
    3. And quite often, the last episode of things like Masterchef have things like "The Final" appended to the title, and don't get recorded either.

So I want to fix these annoyances, ideally in a way which could become a series of options for the TV service, and even more ideally by producing a suitable plugin.
    But first stage is just to prove I can hack something in and have the system still work......

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you can code a plugin that listens on epg refresh event and the do a load/filter/save logic there.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    My main problem is with series recordings based on the OTA EPG for Freeview in the UK:
    1. Some programs appear with the title New: before the program name.
    2. Quite often the EPG data clearly shows that the program is a repeat of one already recorded.
    3. Quite often the last episode of things like Masterchef have things like "The Final" appended to the title
    This thread may be of interest:

[Plugin] EPG Cleaner & Schedule Repair

Note: I don't know anything about this plug-in other than it exists; I have not used it myself.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom