[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (7 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

TV logos in MP2 are added through a self-managed process: users may post their requests for new TV channel logos and/or aliases on Channel Logos. However, the current implementation suffers of two issues:

• It is a one-way process. While I am monitoring (and also verifying) all the requests, there is no way to give a feed-back to the requesting user. Sometimes there is the need for clarification and this thread provides a place for such discussions.
    • Users can't signal a redundant logo (channel no longer active) and/or a redundant alias in the logomanager.
    This thread is meant to provide a platform for feedback and information exchange on redundant channel information.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    An anonymous user requested new aliases for
    • KBNT-DT -> Univision
    • KGTV-HD -> ABC
    • KFMB-DT -> CBS
    • KFMB CW -> CW
    Wikipedia shows different logos for these virtual channels. It would be great if the anonymous user provided more input why he/she wants to add them under different channels.

Otherwise my proposal would be to use what Wikipedia displays as logo. For example KFMB-DT is redirected to KFMB-TV with the following logo (which happens to be same as KFMB CW). So some confusion at my side.
    KFMB-TV.JPG

mist3xyz

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello HTPCSourcer!
    I have tried to "suggest a new logo for an existing channel" and i always get "Parameter is not valid." the new logo is a svg image. Is the logomanager website for mp2 working correctly?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it is. You need to provide a png, not a svg. But tell me the details of what you want to update.

mist3xyz

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, a PNG is needed. This should be written down on the site.
    I want to update the Channel logos for
    ORF 1 HD, PULS 4 Austria/PULS 4 Austria HD (need update to the new logo)
    RTL Austria, Kabel 1 Austria (the logo with the austrian flag is ugly)
    ORF 2N HD (need a logo or a new aliases for ORF 2 HD)
    N24 DOKU Austria, DMAX Austria, Sat.1 Gold Austria, Pro7 MAXX Austria, RTLplus Austria, NITRO Austria, Comedy Central Austria, Hitradio OE3 -> No logo

thats the first one i have found :D

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RTL Austria, Kabel 1 Austria
    The alternative is to use a non-country logo, i.e. the standard one from DE. In that case the aliases need to be added to the DE channels. Same for all other "Austria" versions. My pesonal view is: why use a localized logo?

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @HTPCSourcer Many thanks for the quick reply, I will try to find the article a little later on.

It is mostly channels from the US that are being overwritten with default logos for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX etc. I receive a few different regional variations of these channels.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is mostly channels from the US that are being overwritten with default logos for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX etc. I receive a few different regional variations of these channels.
    In that case I've probably added aliases for those regional channels to the generic channel, e.g. CBC. The current Logomanager implementation doesn't allow you to signal a wrong alias. Instead you'll need to tell me which aliases are wrong so that I can delete them. One done you can suggest new channels. May I therefore ask, that you

1. List the respective aliases for each channel that you would like to provide regional logos for
    2. List the names for new channels that you plan to propose via the LogoManager
    3. Bonus for me: could you please browse the GB and US channel list and indicate any channel that you know is no longer active?

The reason for 2 is that there should be a certain logic for the names. Rather than using some cryptic local provider names (those differ from provider to provider) I would like to use an official descriptor. Until now I've been using the respective channel name that Wikipedia stores the info under.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've been grabbing the US information from tvguide.com. When you grab their XML info, there are normally 3 aliases listed for each channel but each one is just a variant of the same name such as 2WABC, 2 WABC, WABC 2 for example (note those may not be correct channel channel names - I am not at home at the moment, but that's the kind of pattern they follow).

The wikipedia entries can be incorrect and the US channel numbers (and names) vary by region and by provider. Some zip codes have over 20 options for provider, service, broadcast type (terrestrial, cable, fios etc), standard or non-rebuild, with varying lineups. It's a massive PITA. Some regions also have virtual channels.

I will post what I can when I get a few minutes to dig around.

If you manage to find the wiki link for preventing auto download of logos for MP2 by editing the XML file, I would appreciate that also. I have looked in the wiki but cannot find it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you manage to find the wiki link for preventing auto download of logos for MP2
    The Wiki entry is here Channel Logos

... but it lacks the info about not downloading. I found this
    You should be able to achieve this by a few manual steps:
    • Copy the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-default.logotheme" into a new "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs\Flat-local.logotheme" (or similar, just keep the "Flat-" prefix!)
    • Open the Flat-local.logotheme in text editor. Change the theme name and add a "SkipOnlineUpdate" line:

• Save the file
    • Restart MP2-Server + MP2-Client
    • Goto settings -> TV -> Logo style and select the new "Flat-Local" theme.
    Because having a copy of style now, this theme will be kept also when updates are installed. I hope this solves your issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom