[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (1 Viewer)

PN23

Portal Member
November 25, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Outstanding thank you!

I will give it a whirl and provide a channel update as soon as I can.

melstig

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
Umea
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi, I am a Swedish user and want to report a channel that does not get a logo out of the box. It is named "SVT Barn/SVT24" from the transponder.

All other channels that I am using are ok and gets their png's downloaded to Logos/Tv-Flat-Default.

Discovery Channel.png
Kanal 11.png
Kanal 5.png
Kanal 9.png
Kunskapskanalen.png
Sjuan.png
SVT1.png
SVT2.png
TV10.png
TV12.png
TV3.png
TV4.png
TV6.png
TV8.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I am a Swedish user and want to report a channel that does not get a logo out of the box. It is named "SVT Barn/SVT24" from the transponder.
    Thanks for reporting.

TV logos in MP2 are added through a self-managed process: users may post their requests for new TV channel logos and/or aliases on Channel Logos.
    So all you need to do is to propose a new channel on the referenced website. Required input is channel name, logo and alias(es). If you have a logo for me I can also quickly set up the channel.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We probably need to create a combined logo ourselves. I'll put something together.

Actually there is a very old logo in the database, but the alias is no longer applicable. Standby...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New logo in database:
    SVT 24-Barn.png

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    I've been grabbing the US information from tvguide.com. When you grab their XML info, there are normally 3 aliases listed for each channel but each one is just a variant of the same name such as 2WABC, 2 WABC, WABC 2 for example (note those may not be correct channel channel names - I am not at home at the moment, but that's the kind of pattern they follow).

The wikipedia entries can be incorrect and the US channel numbers (and names) vary by region and by provider. Some zip codes have over 20 options for provider, service, broadcast type (terrestrial, cable, fios etc), standard or non-rebuild, with varying lineups. It's a massive PITA. Some regions also have virtual channels.

I will post what I can when I get a few minutes to dig around.

If you manage to find the wiki link for preventing auto download of logos for MP2 by editing the XML file, I would appreciate that also. I have looked in the wiki but cannot find it.

Hi @HTPCSourcer,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

The US channel idents and logos I mentioned in my last post are as follows by location:-

New York

ABC - WABC (channel 7)
    CBS - WCBS (channel 2)
    Fox - WNYW (channel 5)
    NBC - WNBC (channel4)

New Orleans

CBS - WWL (channel 4)
    Fox - WVUE (channel 8)
    NBC - WDSU (channel 6)

Seattle

ABC - KOMO (channel 4)
    CBS - KIRO (channel 7)
    Fox - KCPQ (channel 13)

KCPQ and KOMO are both virtual channels.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The US channel idents and logos I mentioned in my last post are as follows by location:-
    I am OK to add additional aliases to the existing channels. However, I don't think that it is very meaningful to start having different logos for the regionalized channel.

So just to see if I am getting this right: For ABC you would like to have "WABC" and "KOMO" added as aliases, correct? Note that you can request such additional info yourself through the self-managed process.

PN23

Portal Member
    November 25, 2019
    Home Country
    @HTPCSourcer Sorry for the late reply. Yes you are correct - channel aliases would be able to sort all of this out I will add some requests.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had created some alias requests in logo manager. About 10 or so, please disregard those (I tagged them with messages so you can find them). I'm going to build some new logos in streamedMP 16x9 format instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom