[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that will save me a LOT of work
    Hhm, the available logos for MP2 are essentially complete. Of course there will always be some channels that I am not aware of and that will need user support to be integrated into our logo collection. The MP2 logo mechanism is fundamentally different from what MP1 is doing. If a logo appears to be missing, it is most likely because of a missing alias.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm going to build some new logos in streamedMP 16x9 format instead.
    Logos should have a 3:1 format, ideally 450px large and 150px high. Any other ratio leads to automatic adjustment to fit the available field size. A 16:9 logo has a 4:3 ratio and will be displayed with 150px height and consequently only 200px width, while the width could be as large as 450px.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hhm, the available logos for MP2 are essentially complete.

It could be that I am overlooking some but, where I live I get a lot of weird OTA channels like Retro, Quest, Charge! and some even more obscure lol. I'll submit them when I finish them if you want. Do you want the finished ones in streamedMP 16x9 format? To be honest I'm just eyeballing them to get them to look "OK". A few examples here:
    11.2 KTHVDT2.png
    18.3 KLRTDT3.png
    Comet.png

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @HTPCSourcer So, maybe I've been misunderstanding how the logos work for MP2. (I spend most of my time with MP1) Does MP2 actually build the logo locally by downloading the logo and applying it to the background.png and overlay.png that are staged in the logo folder?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Gcarr , please see the respective Wiki entry:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I did read that Wiki entry a few days ago, it just didn't seem clear to me whether this was done automatically or if that was directions to manually create one, which is what I was actually doing. After reading it through completely again it I can see it is creating them.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A few examples here:
    All three channels are already in the MP2 database.

The general issue in the US is that each provider believes that he needs to call the same channel differently. When I see in Wikipedia that a channel is referenced by twenty different cryptic 5-6 letter abbreviations, I wonder about the underlying thought process. Also I am uncertain if the same letter combination may not eventually be used twice for different channels. Anyway, it is what it is but makes the management at out side quite complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom