[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (2 Viewers)

Bart Zorn

Portal Member
December 4, 2014
Home Country
Spain Spain
I don't have much time to do testing because the system is also needed for daily TV watching.
But I will try again and let you know.

Thanks!

Bart

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too am struggling with getting Logos to update.

I am running MP2.3.2. I successfully added some aliases to the Logomanager site and they did update automatically within a day. I then added some new logos to the Logomanager site, they were added, but it has been weeks since they were added but the new logos have yet to appear in the guide. I have just tried deleting all the logos in "ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2 Server\Logos\Tv-Flat Default" and rebooted computer and restarted MP2. The new logos still do not appear, but the others are there. I checked the logo directory and all the logos are still gone. So the logos must be stored somewhere else or just downloaded and stored in RAM. How do I get the new logos to download?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I too am struggling with getting Logos to update.

I am running MP2.3.2. I successfully added some aliases to the Logomanager site and they did update automatically within a day. I then added some new logos to the Logomanager site, they were added, but it has been weeks since they were added but the new logos have yet to appear in the guide. I have just tried deleting all the logos in "ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2 Server\Logos\Tv-Flat Default" and rebooted computer and restarted MP2. The new logos still do not appear, but the others are there. I checked the logo directory and all the logos are still gone. So the logos must be stored somewhere else or just downloaded and stored in RAM. How do I get the new logos to download?
    Search in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ for some tv channels and you should find the logos. If I remember correctly they are stored in the fanart folder besides thumbnails, posters etc. (I’m with phone and can not check). Removing them there should make MP2 load the new ones. Apart from this every two weeks they should be loaded automatically.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, the FanArt caching could indeed influence the intented behavior. When the client also caches logos that it got from server, then the cache needs to be cleared for logos as well. AFAIK there is no logic to do this automatically yet...

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    I tried deleting 3 of the channel logos from "ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2 Server\Thumbs\FanArt", rebooted computer and checked guide. Missing logos still missing, deleted logos still present. So they must be cached somewhere else, the Thumbs\FanArt directory was the only one that showed files when I searched for .png files in the Team MediaPortal dir.

I would think that a reboot would have cleared the cache?

Also, it has been 16 days since the new logos were posted at the site, but still no logos.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So they must be cached somewhere else, the Thumbs\FanArt directory was the only one that showed files when I searched for .png files in the Team MediaPortal dir.
    When the client also caches logos that it got from server, then the cache needs to be cleared for logos as well
    Check also the MP2-Client folder, it has also a FanArt folder.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I then added some new logos to the Logomanager site, they were added, but it has been weeks since they were added but the new logos have yet to appear in the guide.
    Changes on the site have to be accepted by an admin before they're made available, until they've been reviewed they're listed under Suggestion/List Open. There's a a backlog going back to October at the moment.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    I checked the MP2-Client FanArt folder and it is empty.

I misunderstood the Suggestion/List Open listings, still a newbie. Will need to wait until the new logos are approved to check the guide update.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh my god. This list was long... I now have accepted all pending requests. We need to find a way to make more users "admin"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom