[solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh my god. This list was long... I now have accepted all pending requests. We need to find a way to make more users "admin"...
    Feel free to add me. At the same time we can remove HTPCSourcer as admin I think.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Australian user only updated the aliases, ABCTV HD for the US channel and High's test 90ü09ü90ü90ü09ü09ü09ü90ü9ü09ü in AF should have been rejected.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Australian user only updated the aliases, ABCTV HD for the US channel and High's test 90ü09ü90ü90ü09ü09ü09ü90ü9ü09ü in AF should have been rejected.
    This is how I did, maybe there is a delay until the updates are visible

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I really want to manage channel logos locally. The auto updates are driving me nuts. I have local, over-the-air television, and a general repository will never have my local logos (incorporating, for example, channel numbers). I tried making a local folder, directing MP2 to take the logos from there, as recommended by Morpheus, and then adding the "skip update" line to the script, as below. I thought I must be ok, then, but I think I just hit the 14-day window, and my carefully assembled logos are gone. Infuriating! So "skip online update" does not mean what it says? Below is copied from my script (last three lines. Can someone tell me: Is it right? Does it matter how far left the "skip" line is? Should it be flush left? I don't code.

Developers really need to add an easy option for MP2 users to use their own channel logos. I've wasted way too much time on this.

<ThemeName>Local</ThemeName>
    <SkipOnlineUpdate>true</SkipOnlineUpdate>
    </Theme>

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Below is copied from my script (last three lines. Can someone tell me: Is it right?
    Hard to say, can you post the full content. If you have any mistake in front of the 3 lines, those will also not work. Important is ,that you follow exactly the steps described earlier in this thread.

Does it matter how far left the "skip" line is?
    No

Developers really need to add an easy option for MP2 users to use their own channel logos. I've wasted way too much time on this.
    Agree here, I also proposed that long time before. Better would be a normal setting in the TV settings within GUI instead of tweaking any xml files. @morpheus_xx can is that possible?

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hard to say, can you post the full content. If you have any mistake in front of the 3 lines, those will also not work. Important is ,that you follow exactly the steps described earlier in this thread.

ge: Thanks for your response. Attached is the full content of the script (only changes from the default are in the last lines). Server not letting me paste in directly, so trying as an attachment.

Attachments

• Theme xmlns.docx
      12.9 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ge: Thanks for your response. Attached is the full content of the script (only changes from the default are in the last lines). Server not letting me paste in directly, so trying as an attachment.
    The content is correct. You named it "Flat-local.logotheme" and placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Resources\Designs", right?
    Next steps would be:
    • Restart the MP2-server
    • Start MP2-client and select the new theme in TV-settings
    • Close MP2-Client and restart the server
    • Only now replace the logos in the corresponding folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Logos\Tv-Flat-Local"
    I didn't try myself (anyway would need to wait 14 days to see the effect ;)), but this is my understanding how it should work.
    One server restart less should be also ok, but I described the safe way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom