MP2 TV Server (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 TV Server

What's the time frame on this. Will this be a part of MP 1.3?
    I think it won't be in 1.3, because we have some problems right now which have to be solved first after that we have to start internal testing, so it will still take some time ;)

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: MP2 TV Server

If it is not terribly full of bugs, just put it to 1.3 alpha and MP2 alpha, so that those who want to play with it have easy way to get it.

Then 1.3 alpha and MP2 can both use same TV server, and development/fixing is only focused to one branch, not to two. And delay release of MP 1.3 as long as it takes to make it stable.

I would believe this would also help those who are developing XBMC, Web, ..., or other clients.

This is my suggestion :)

What's the time frame on this. Will this be a part of MP 1.3?
    I think it won't be in 1.3, because we have some problems right now which have to be solved first after that we have to start internal testing, so it will still take some time ;)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My first time posting for ages.
    I'm currently using WMC on windows 7 rather than Mediaportal. Why? Simple, the TV server caused me too many problems.

I love (well, loved) Mediaportal but the TV server caused me so much hassle the WAF dropped to zero. If ever the satellite signal became weak or glitchy it would either crash the TV server or blue screen the whole machine. Yes- we can blame the poor signal, drivers, whatever, but WMC simply says "no signal" and recovers again when it returns. No fuss, no drama.

I'd love to see improvements to the TV Server to improve reliability in the future so I can try MP2 :D

this "no signal" crash/BSOD has been adressed by an update , so you could try the latest version again with no risk .. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom