MP2 TV won't start (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Moving from MP1 and managed to get most thing working but couldn't open a TV channel until I had some EPG data. Now, when I click on "watch program now" , nothing happens but in one of the attached log files, there is a message:

[2018-01-26 11:04:16,241] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] - Error occurred while loading settings.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml'.
File name: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.xml'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at TvEngine.MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.Settings.Load()
at TvEngine.MediaPortalIptvFilterAndUrlSourceSplitter.Editor..ctor()

Can anyone offer some guidance please.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-26-13.33.44.zip
    5.5 MB

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
ok, a few tweaks and a different result. Trying to "watch now" a TV program. nothing happens on screen but log contains the following:

at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.XamlLoader.Load(String skinFilePath, ISkinResourceBundle actualResourceBundle, IModelLoader loader)
at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.LoadScreen(String screenName, String relativeScreenPath, IModelLoader loader)
[2018-01-27 14:35:06,336] [71352 ] [Thread109] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: No skinfile for screen 'screens\SlimTvClient-main.xaml'
[2018-01-27 14:35:06,336] [71352 ] [Thread109] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Cannot load screen 'SlimTvClient-main'
[2018-01-27 14:35:06,337] [71353 ] [Thread109] [ERROR] - WorkflowManager.NavigatePopToStateInternal: Error in workflow model or screen
MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.EnvironmentException: Error showing screen 'SlimTvClient-main'
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Workflow.WorkflowManager.UpdateScreen_NeedsLock(Boolean push, Boolean force)
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Workflow.WorkflowManager.NavigatePopToStateInternal(Guid stateId, Boolean inclusive)
[2018-01-27 14:35:06,396] [71412 ] [Thread109] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Trying to remove 1 workflow states from navigation stack...
[2018-01-27 14:35:06,397] [71413 ] [Thread109] [ERROR] - WorkflowManager.NavigatePopInternal: Error in workflow model or screen
MediaPortal.Common.Exceptions.ServiceNotFoundException: Could not find the MediaPortal.UI.Presentation.Screens.IScreenManager service
at MediaPortal.Common.ServiceRegistration.GetService(Type type, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at MediaPortal.Common.ServiceRegistration.Get[T]()
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Workflow.WorkflowManager.UpdateScreen_NeedsLock(Boolean push, Boolean force)
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Workflow.WorkflowManager.NavigatePopInternal(Int32 count)

Missing screen? Need help with this....

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which skin and which theme are you using? It seems a necessary skin file is missing. Did you install version 2.1.3?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ge2301, thanks for the interest. yes, I installed 2.1.3 and I just went with the defaults which I believe are BluVision skin on Windows 7 (theme?).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ge2301, thanks for the interest. yes, I installed 2.1.3 and I just went with the defaults which I believe are BluVision skin on Windows 7 (theme?).
    Then it’s the default theme of BlueVision. You can within a Skin also change the visual appearance with another theme.
    Could you please uninstall MP2 and reinstall once again. Your settings and media library will be kept. The needed skin file is missing, but definitely included in the installer. After doing so please report back. If the failure remains we need to see further.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK, reinstalled and a search of my C drive located 6 copies of the screen. Will now fire up. I left double-click the desired program (currently being televised) and select "watch program now" and I get a cross in the top right which when clicked says "error invoking action startimeshift".

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, reinstalled and a search of my C drive located 6 copies of the screen. Will now fire up. I left double-click the desired program (currently being televised) and select "watch program now" and I get a cross in the top right which when clicked says "error invoking action startimeshift".
    Can you open epg and start tv from there?

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's what I'm doing, I'm not aware of any other way to start viewing a TV Channel.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's what I'm doing, I'm not aware of any other way to start viewing a TV Channel.
    If you come to the TV group you have several menu tiles. One is “watch tv”, there is also “Program Guide”, “Schedules”, “Recordings”. Please try “program guide”. If it is loaded try to start a tv program from there. I want to be sure you have a general program with the tv. Please attach the logs again after that. We'll solve this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom