MP2 TV won't start (1 Viewer)

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
2018-01-29 21:11:45,890] [89611 ] [Thread137] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Error loading screen 'SlimTvClient-main' in resource bundle 'BlueVision', falling back to resource bundle 'Theme 'default' of skin 'default''
MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SlimTv.Client\Skin\BlueVision\screens\SlimTvClient-main.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\screens\master_menu.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\BlueVision\Skin\BlueVision\screens\master_bare.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.Utilities.Exceptions.IllegalCallException: SkinResources 'Skin 'default'' were not prepared

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
July 6, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Unless anybody has any other ideas, I think I'm going to have to abandon MP2 and stay with MP1. I keep looking at the wiki to see what I must have missed but have failed in that effort.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You seem to have had a lot of strange issues with missing files, etc, maybe some overzealous security software? At this stage I'd probably suggest a complete uninstall, temporarily disable any anti virus software and reinstall.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Turned off Microsoft Essentials (though I've not known it to be aggressive) and re-installed MP2 (MP1 TV Service disabled). Tried to watch a TV program (nothing appeared) and got the following in log:

WARN ] - Failed to create CultureInfo for language resource file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-ServiceMonitor\Language\strings_ku.xml'

plus some other stuff which I don't quite understand.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-31-14.55.24.zip
      3.3 MB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Seems to be network related, can you try temporarily disabling your firewall and restarting the server to see of that resolves it.

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Brownard, I had my AV software disabled in the previous attempt but not Windows Firewall. I was about to follow your suggestion when Win7 had a heart attack and re-booted!@#$%. I can't read dumps so I don't know why this happened. Without disabling the firewall, I fired up the MP2 client and lo, I was able to watch TV!!

So, it would seem that my problem is resolved. Thank you.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Brownard, I had my AV software disabled in the previous attempt but not Windows Firewall. I was about to follow your suggestion when Win7 had a heart attack and re-booted!@#$%. I can't read dumps so I don't know why this happened. Without disabling the firewall, I fired up the MP2 client and lo, I was able to watch TV!!

So, it would seem that my problem is resolved. Thank you.
    Good to read that (y) But rearly I do not understand the relation of missing files to a blocked port by firewall :confused:

Alan Honeyman

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I’m with you ge2301 but my technical ignorance in this area means that my ability to answer such questions is poor and so I accept the result and move on. I have no doubt that there will be further challenges further down the road.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Good to read that (y) But rearly I do not understand the relation of missing files to a blocked port by firewall :confused:
    I suspect that was actually AV interfering with the installer. There's been a few issues with Microsoft Security Essentials reported before on the forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom