MPBlue PPC client release 0.0.4 (2 Viewers)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Has anyone tested this on 2.0 RC1?

Edit: I just did some testing on this... and it does connect.. but it seems that all the buttons do the same thing. I can get it to move down and any button I press does the same thing. I am hoping this project will continue because its something that looks pretty sweet!

I am using a HP 4100.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    do me a favor and try the music browser?
    does it populate the treeview correctly..

things keep getting stranger.. is it only down that works? or is it the first action that is repeated every time?

thanks

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I don't know really how it is supposed to look like... I took some screen shots. I copied over 3 albums. They each have just one directory and then the songs underneath that. Is it pulling the names all from the ID tags? If you would like me to do some more testing let me know.

I thought the plug-in would allow me to move from each thing... like my video's to my pictures to my tv... but I have now way of telling what category it's on... I thought I would be able to see where I was... but I guess this plug-in is different then what I thought it was.

mpblue1.jpg

I am also working on a new skin to go along with this.... tell me what you guys think so far.

mpblue2.jpg

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    Download the CVS last night.... winCVS in case`sensitive... just incase anyone else gets confused !!

I have Visual C# 2003, but the PPC stuff doesn't load... MS application error... seems you nee to the full VS version for any PPC development !

What you using ??

I'll download the PPC2002 SDK tonight and continue playing... glad to hear someone else is C#ing by numbers.. any resource recomendations for a newbie to learn from...

Oh..and yes I have a full music database... HP iPaq for you ! I have a loox600 also so I'll try that.. bit old but worth a hardware check.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What about a skin that looks like this as a beginning?

ppcmenu9bx.jpg

no need for the three buttons at the top on a PPC!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    hehe.. actually that pick was taken from my PPC... but I was using remotely anywhere to do it... it's not a real skin... but what you have come up with... is very nice.. I would love to see something like that.. I don't know how far this plug-in is going to progress.. but I would like to see something like what we are coming up with... I don't need to see bars move and things like that.. but when you click on something it should go to where you want it... This is all looking very good...

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    Mr S

Have you looked at the work Joe Dalton did on the external display plugin ?

Perhaps we could use the same GUImessages he subscribes to to drive the items on the PCC client.

i.e. If I use the contol keys the GUImessage relates this to the PCC skin and displays a highlighted section e.g. MyTV , similar to the Blue 2 skin shown in the above post.

I've just started looking at it... still confused, but I don't think the MPBserver actionID's are a million miles away... just another thought .
    Not sure about the client code though, still can't open any of it.

MrSensitive

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2004
    Belgium
    Guys,

wow, a lot of response suddenly...

ASiDiE:
    Yes, the plugin is using the mediaportal database, MP is using IDTags to poulate the database.. You will see that, if switch the view in MP, ,you should see exactly the same number of items..

Please bear in mind that PocketPC 2002 does NOT support landscape (at least the compact framework does not..)
    compact framework 2.0 and Windows Mobile 2003 will support landscape..
    (looking at you rproposed skin, it looks like alandscape orientation)

also, in the first release (the one you are using) only music browsing has been worked on (and even then only the basic stuff..)

mzemina:
    for a start screen this looks very nice.. but I have some thoughts:
    the app is mainly intended for a remote control;
    there should be a screen (and I would lke this to be the main screen) with plenty of navigation controls on it.. also, on EVERY screen there should be a minimum of a few player controls..
    Volume up/ down and mute is a must in every screen.. play pause, next and previous also..

I'm not sure that a main menu would work.. maybe some sort of tabbed menu is more appropriate..

anyway, the application allows you to desgn screens as you like..
    you can create tabbed controls by using regular buttons that have a specific action.
    You can also create a main menu, and a button in each screen to go back to the main menu..
    I'm workling on a progress bar, a slider and an toggle button..

Flipit:
    Do You really want your remote to change status when Mediaportal does?
    I can imagine that, when you are vieing pictures in MP, you want to choose a different tune to play in the background.
    Or when you are watching a movie, you can easily program a new recording..
    ie. there is no need for the remote being synchronized with the current MP status.
    (Except for now playiing information, this can include current recording information..)

I'm not sure, but i'm using the full Visual Studio version, smart device programming is a separate component..

looks like this can become something.. thanks for your interest..

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK then - what about the following then:

ppcmenu.jpg

ppctv.jpg

ppctv_overlay.jpg

Please note that these skin ideas (actually the finished skins can be found on Xlobby) are from the the creative mind of naylia. These skins can be found at: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3147

I'm just presenting them here as ideas and giving credit where credit is due.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom