[Approved] MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters (1 Viewer)

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tested the ffdshow build and found that I got some inconsistent results with the subtitle repositioning. Some PGS and SUB/IDX subs were repositioned while others weren't. I'll stick with RC6 + your build of mpcSubs.dll. It works the bests - plays every subtitle type consistently and correctly. Thanks again!

jasonwc

Portal Pro
July 4, 2009
Home Country
Hi :)

I think you can do it with that Manfred patch for that :)

Screenshot : Screenshot
Link : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...c-325/mpc-subtitle-position-adjustment-77660/

For testing you can try last ffdshow patch that contain this patch :) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...egration-ffdshow-82613/index4.html#post636694
Cheers,
Seb.

Sebastiii,

When I use the MPC-HC Matroska splitter rather than Haali I can't change audio streams from within Mediaportal. Is this intended?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi jasonwc,

You have to use ffdshow stream switcher option enable to do that, and select in option multiple instance > only one check previous filter only -> Like this you can choose audio stream.
    The other way is to use Mediaportal Stream Switcher patched (pdwgroup set to audio and not video) and add into post processing option of video in MP.

I have uploaded the filter and last dll with contains last fix from mpc-hc source.
    I also try to add language/trackname, it seems working with MPC Matroska splitter but need lastest ffdshow patch.
    Seb.

Edit : All is in lastest SVN (1.2.0Beta) Thanks.

commander197

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Hi Sebastiii

will your attachements released in release 1.1 or must i copy the files after installing mp?

greets
    commander

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

If you want to test, you have to copy compiled files and make your own build if you want to test ffdshow patch within language/trackname support.
    Seb :)

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    In MPC-HC it's possible to adjust the resolution the subtitles are rendered more precisely. Would it be possible to add this feature in MP too? On my ION HTPC the only way I can run 1080p videos with subtitles without lost frames is to set the "maximum texture resolution" to 640x480 which gives me decent enough quality. Right now I need to use MPC to display videos, because in MP I have either no subs or lots of lost frames :(

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    can we get the newer mpc subs with pgs support in mp? It seems to work well from what I've seen.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    can we get the newer mpc subs with pgs support in mp? It seems to work well from what I've seen.

This is already possible. You just need a new mpcSubs.dll compiled against a more recent MPC-HC SVN release with PGS support. I've been using a dll provided by Sebastiii for a few months now. This one should work - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/638672-post53.html. Just use it in place of the current DLL.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country

This is already possible. You just need a new mpcSubs.dll compiled against a more recent MPC-HC SVN release with PGS support. I've been using a dll provided by Sebastiii for a few months now. This one should work - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/638672-post53.html. Just use it in place of the current DLL.

Obviously, I just said it seems to work well, however I was suggesting that the newer code be incorporated into mp.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country

Obviously, I just said it seems to work well, however I was suggesting that the newer code be incorporated into mp.

I misinterpreted your prior post to mean that PGS subtitle support works well in MPC-HC. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom