[Approved] MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters (1 Viewer)

mhbang

Portal Member
August 4, 2009
Viborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm a bit confused.
Now I'm using MP 1.1 RC4 and SAF 4, but want to try SAF 5. Subtitles are crucial for me, I need to switch them with the remote. So:

- What patch/es should I apply to MP 1.10 RC4 if I want to use SAF 5? The ones from the first page or these V3 ones from Sebastii?
- How should I configure the Subtitle options in MP? Should I set MPC-HC or other?

Thanks in advance.

I had same question but I went ahead and updated my MP 1.1 RC4 with mpcsubs.dll from mpcSubsV3.zip.
It seems to have resolved my subtitle issues :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

The version mpcSubsV3.zip is not clean, it's works but not like the last cpp2005 DLL :)
    You can find the last in first post if you want to try :)
    And with the future RC5, the new dll will be integrated :)
    Cheers,
    Seb

Edit : Yes you have to set MPC-HC in subtitle option :)

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this already included in the latest RC6?

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Approximately 3 weeks ago in rev 2063, MPC-HC added support for the display of PGS subs in Matroska videos. Could you update the mpcSubs.dll to the latest MPC-HC build, so that we can display PGS subs in Matroska files? MKVMerge now supports adding PGS subs, and both Haali and the MPC-HC splitter work with PGS subs in MKVs.

See SourceForge.net Repository - [mpc-hc] Log of / for MPC-HC changelog.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Approximately 3 weeks ago in rev 2063, MPC-HC added support for the display of PGS subs in Matroska videos. Could you update the mpcSubs.dll to the latest MPC-HC build, so that we can display PGS subs in Matroska files? MKVMerge now supports adding PGS subs, and both Haali and the MPC-HC splitter work with PGS subs in MKVs.

See SourceForge.net Repository - [mpc-hc] Log of / for MPC-HC changelog.

Hi could you try attached dll compiled from lastest source ?
    I'm not @ home so i have only dll.
    I'll provide patch source later :)
    Seb.

Attachments

• mpcSubs.zip
      374.2 KB

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    It works! And it's quite amazing how much better the original PGS subs look compared to the converted SUB/IDX which are heavily aliased, especially for italics. Thanks so much for the quick response and solution.

Any chance this will be included in RC7/1.1.0 Stable?

Now, I just have to figure out how to get that patch working that display subtitle track info. Currently all the tracks display as "English". :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Cool,

For RC7/Stable i don't think so but maybe cpp2005 can :)
    For subtitile track info cpp2005 must be look this if option is add in MPC-HC engine, it will work with the FFDShow patch (because this patch include this extra info for ffdshow engine and it will be easy to make it work for MPC-HC engine).
    Cheers,
    Seb.

Attachments

• MPC-HC(PGS).diff
      9.6 KB

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Sebastiii,

Do you know whether there is a way to control the positioning of subtitles like you can do with MPC-HC? For example, I set MPC-HC to display subs 5 pixels from the bottom, so that subs do not overlay the video. Mediaportal allows you to change the font and size of the subs, but I don't see any specific positioning option other than to display with reference to the video frame, which does the opposite of what I want.

MPC-HC Subtitle Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom