[Approved] MPC-HC subtitle engine: support MPC splitters (1 Viewer)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
So now im confused. I am using this patch with the 0401 build of SAF 5. I have subtitles that I can enable with my remote through the MP interface. Has something changed now where that is not possible? I feel like im missing something with everyone talking about using FFDSHOW subtitles and keyboard shortcuts. I do not want to use a keyboard with my HTPC!

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
So now im confused. I am using this patch with the 0401 build of SAF 5. I have subtitles that I can enable with my remote through the MP interface. Has something changed now where that is not possible? I feel like im missing something with everyone talking about using FFDSHOW subtitles and keyboard shortcuts. I do not want to use a keyboard with my HTPC!

Well you're probably just using MPC-HC subtitle engine... By using that engine normal changing in Mediaportal is possible like we allways have been using.
So the new thing is that ffdshow also has a subtitle engine, and on some areas better than MPC-HC engine. But this is only to be configurated in its configuration and nowhere else. This also means if you have to change subtitle you would have to play video in MP, then minimize and change on the ffdshow icon or bind keys(buttons) to change it. So if MPC-HC no problem at all execpt you get double subtitles if subtitles are enaabled in ffdshow.

So summary:
Using MPC-HC - changing csubtitle in MP yes
Using ffdshow(mpc-hc disabled) - changing normal subtitle in MP no (.....)

Hope this explains stuff to people who are curious about this.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Yea that makes sense. So people just want to use FFDSHOW because there are some better features but as long as I am happy with MPC-HC subs I can use this patch with SAF 5 and be fine.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Great patch.
Works perfect.
When do you think this will be added to MediaPortal?

I prefer MPC-HC subtitle engine, because i can switch audio/subtitle inside MePo, instead of inside FFDshow.

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    anyone know if this was added to RC3? because the patch didnt work for me..

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, i have try to update mpcSubs MP source with lastest source from MPC-HC Team, thx to the team.
    Many fix is here :)
    I hope is good, it was working for me, so i attach DLL and PATCH.
    Thanks,
    Seb.

Attachments

• mpcSubsV3.zip
      381.5 KB
    • mpc-hc_subsV3.zip
      1.1 MB

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    The patch is now approved for RC5, thanks Sebastiii and Kinddragon from MPC-HC team.

trepamuros

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm a bit confused.
    Now I'm using MP 1.1 RC4 and SAF 4, but want to try SAF 5. Subtitles are crucial for me, I need to switch them with the remote. So:

- What patch/es should I apply to MP 1.10 RC4 if I want to use SAF 5? The ones from the first page or these V3 ones from Sebastii?
    - How should I configure the Subtitle options in MP? Should I set MPC-HC or other?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom