MPClearArtLoader - automatically download clearart - V0.2 Released (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPClearArtLoader - automatically download clearart - V0.2 Released

Hi DieBagger!

While grabbing clearart with ClearArtLoader v3, i get an error. Please take alook at the screenshot!

Could you please help?

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild010.jpg
      Bild010.jpg
      100.9 KB

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Any chance of adding support for cdArt and Artist clearart?

Ive got spinning cdart working quite nicely in some new music views im creating.

Kode

Portal Member
    April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mr V even if DieBagger was active he would probably wouldn't do it as part of this but as a seperate plugin(? - not sure how it works with mediaportal, I use XBMC).

In xbmc there is a logo downloader which gets ClearLOGOs, ClearART, TV Thumbs and Season Thumbs, these match against thetbdb ids.

There is also a cdART manager which gets cdART, Artist ClearLOGO, Album Covers and Multiple Artist Backgrounds (they cycle through in skins that support it), the plugin matches against the musicbrainz database and sends the ID to the fanart.tv API.

So the music side is quite a different beast, however, it might be possible to adapt the cdART manager in XBMC to work in mediaportal, I'm not sure. It is written in python.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Mr V even if DieBagger was active he would probably wouldn't do it as part of this but as a seperate plugin(? - not sure how it works with mediaportal, I use XBMC).

In xbmc there is a logo downloader which gets ClearLOGOs, ClearART, TV Thumbs and Season Thumbs, these match against thetbdb ids.

There is also a cdART manager which gets cdART, Artist ClearLOGO, Album Covers and Multiple Artist Backgrounds (they cycle through in skins that support it), the plugin matches against the musicbrainz database and sends the ID to the fanart.tv API.

So the music side is quite a different beast, however, it might be possible to adapt the cdART manager in XBMC to work in mediaportal, I'm not sure. It is written in python.

Hi Kode,

Thanks for the info.

I have used XBMC. Thats where i am getting my inspiration from for the Streamed MP music skin files. My programming knowledge is quite limited and i dont know python.

On the other side DieBagger has kindly passed on the source code for the clearart downloader. When i have time im going to modify it to download music clearart and cdArt.

Kode

Portal Member
    April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi Kode,

Thanks for the info.

I have used XBMC. Thats where i am getting my inspiration from for the Streamed MP music skin files. My programming knowledge is quite limited and i dont know python.

On the other side DieBagger has kindly passed on the source code for the clearart downloader. When i have time im going to modify it to download music clearart and cdArt.

No worries, if I can help I will do my best so just let me know if you need anything off me.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPClearArtLoader - automatically download clearart - V0.2 Released

Yeah this where great... I think this was an nice feature !!!

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    hi guys, this looks like a great feature but it looks like i am about 8 months late to the party!

i cant seemt to get this to find any images for my tvseries. they are all found by the program, amd it returns a line for each series with the name and IMDB code in brackets, but no images are found.

Have there been any updates to mptvseries to incorporate this since this thread started?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your Skin must support this feature too ? And the image location must be there ::
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\ClearArt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom