Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello together,

sa_ddam encountered the problem we have with some issues that causing the latest problems we had (.NET, missing labels, memory issue).
    Probably it’s a very big mistake in coding MPD++ since Version v0.8 and in fact he had to rebuild the complete Base Framework (what he has done the last three weeks).

And another thing to all users, that are building their own skins… Due to the changes sa_ddam has to make, the skinfiles will be completely renewed. The will get closer to MP Skins in coding. But in fact you can continue to work on your skins. Sa_ddam is planning to create a converter tool. :)

For the smaller issues (missing listcontrols in dialogs) sa_ddam will check if he can make a patch until v0.9.5.

EDIT: The release date for v0.9.5 will be delayed for an indefinite time.

Cheers,
    Richy

Last edited:

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi kleinerflo,

Please try to reinstall mpd++ completely. After uninstall remove all folders of mpd++.
    I also installed mp1.3beta today and everything is working fine here. We have another issue in german forum where (it seems to me) the server app was not removed correctly. May be you have a similliar problem that the uninstaller didn't worked correctly (like ojessie's problem).

Cheers,
    Richy

I've got a similar

MPD++ only displays the starting screen, it doesn't change if I go in to moving pictures, my tv series etc...
    I uninstalled, made sure everything was deleted and reinstalled, everything started working again.
    The next time I started Media Portal, the problem came back.

I'm using MP1.3 Beta on Windows 8

hapklaar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPDisplayGUI.exe crashes on a daily basis on my HTPC with this version, mostly when I switch from Live TV to playing an Episode in MP-TVSeries. Please let me know what logs you need exactly to troubleshoot this.

(might have asked this before, but can't find the answer...)

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPDisplayGUI.exe crashes on a daily basis on my HTPC with this version, mostly when I switch from Live TV to playing an Episode in MP-TVSeries. Please let me know what logs you need exactly to troubleshoot this.

Do you use the MP built-in Refresh Rate Changer?

Cheers,
    Richy

hapklaar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Do you use the MP built-in Refresh Rate Changer?

Cheers,
    Richy

Yes I do! :)

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK… The only way for now is to deactivate the Refresh Rate Changer if you want to use MPDisplay.
    This will be corrected with Version 0.9.5. This is one of the issues, sa_ddam has to recode the complete GUI framework.

Cheers,
    Richy

hapklaar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately this wasn't it. It seems I never enabled the refresh rate changer in 1.3 beta. Do you want me to upload logfiles, or wait for the new version and see if the problem is still present?

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hapklaar,

In this case it would be great if you can upload the logfiles of MPD and the Eventlog of Windows.

Cheers,
    Richy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom