Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

THX for the new version of MPDisplay++.

I have a problem with the placement of the MPDisplay++ window.
    Though my 3 monitors are recognized correctly in size and offset by MPDisplay++Config, it does not place the window correctly as you can see in the attached screenshots.
    It should be placed on the middle window (No.3 on the JPG "MultiMonitorSetup"; 800x600) but apparently it is offset downwards and sized too big.
    So it partly ovrelaps into the lower monitor.

Does it again have something to do with my DPI-scaling to 125% as was the case with a former version of MPDisplay++?

Kind regards
    Roger
    Scrshot.jpg MultiMonitorSetup1.jpg

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, you give yourself allready the answer.. It is because of the higher dpi setting..

If you set the dpi to100, everything should be fine..

You can 'fix' it by setting a custom resolution, and a custom posy and posx

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DPI has to be set to 100, as powermarcel already wrote and x/y Pos. is "0" when set to the Middle Monitor.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    THX for the quick reply.

In my setup I have to use 125% DPI setting (too lengthy to explain why).
    So I will try to find a suitable resolution/offset-setting that works.

Perhaps an automatic calculation of the right size/offset could be implemented in a future version.
    I believe to remember that saddam send me a fixed dll for this problem in a former version of MPD.

Kind regards

Roger

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

i would like to know if someone uses a tablet as secondary monitor with MPDisplay++ ?
    I tried it with my Nexus 7 and "AirDisplay" but i couldnt get it to work :(.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i would like to know if someone uses a tablet as secondary monitor with MPDisplay++ ?
    if you use android, nothing can work with mpdisplay yet ...
    i have search about an windows mini itx ( or pico itx ) hardware + Touichscreen + small SSD. but the size of final package is not slim ...
    an other thing is to use Windows Compact embedded 7 or 8 ( working with .net 4 ), but not possible to find it in store . and i think working only with ARM software compatible.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    but, i have found an other way ! buy an windows compatible tablet, without OS, at least you can update your device to linux or windows ...

abeule

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2008
    Hi
    I just tried the 095 installing it in german using Titan Basic as Skin. Regrettably, with no success. I de-installed the previously used Version and made sure that there are no remnants on HD or in Registry. MP++ starts up and loads all png but then i end up with a Crash of mpdisplay.gui and the logfile tells me the following:

05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Verbose] [XmlSkinInfo] - Skin image added, Name: \Settings\Settings text.png, File: C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\Images\Settings\Settings text.png
    05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin images complete, Image count: 318
    05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin language file...C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\Language.xml
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0107808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin languages complete. Current language: Deutsch
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0207808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin properties...
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0207808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - PropertyInfo file found: C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\PropertyInfo.xml
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0707809 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loaded PropertyInfo file.
    05.12.2013 20:26:10.4007841 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin: Titan complete.
    05.12.2013 20:26:10.4107841 [Info] [GUISurface] - [LoadSkin] - Setting repositories..
    05.12.2013 20:26:12.3807868 [Error] [MainWindow] - [UnhandledException] - An unknown exception occured
    System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
    at Common.Status.ServerChecker..ctor()
    at GUIFramework.Managers.PropertyRepository.StartSystemInfoMonitoring()
    at GUIFramework.Managers.PropertyRepository.Initialize(GUISettings settings, XmlSkinInfo skininfo)
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.SetRepositories()
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>b__7()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>d__17.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>d__0.MoveNext()
    at GUI.MainWindow.<LoadSettings>d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    05.12.2013 20:26:12.3807868 [Error] [MainWindow] - [UnhandledException] - An unknown exception occured
    System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

If you Need more, please tell me what and how to get the required Information.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi
    I just tried the 095 installing it in german using Titan Basic as Skin. Regrettably, with no success. I de-installed the previously used Version and made sure that there are no remnants on HD or in Registry. MP++ starts up and loads all png but then i end up with a Crash of mpdisplay.gui and the logfile tells me the following:

05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Verbose] [XmlSkinInfo] - Skin image added, Name: \Settings\Settings text.png, File: C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\Images\Settings\Settings text.png
    05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin images complete, Image count: 318
    05.12.2013 20:26:07.9707807 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin language file...C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\Language.xml
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0107808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin languages complete. Current language: Deutsch
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0207808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin properties...
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0207808 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - PropertyInfo file found: C:\ProgramData\MPDisplay++\Skin\Titan\PropertyInfo.xml
    05.12.2013 20:26:08.0707809 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loaded PropertyInfo file.
    05.12.2013 20:26:10.4007841 [Info] [XmlSkinInfo] - Loading skin: Titan complete.
    05.12.2013 20:26:10.4107841 [Info] [GUISurface] - [LoadSkin] - Setting repositories..
    System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
    at Common.Status.ServerChecker..ctor()
    at GUIFramework.Managers.PropertyRepository.StartSystemInfoMonitoring()
    at GUIFramework.Managers.PropertyRepository.Initialize(GUISettings settings, XmlSkinInfo skininfo)
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.SetRepositories()
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>b__7()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>d__17.MoveNext()
    at GUIFramework.GUISurface.<LoadSkin>d__0.MoveNext()
    at GUI.MainWindow.<LoadSettings>d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

If you Need more, please tell me what and how to get the required Information.

this is a bug in the new version :(, The SystemInfo module fails to start on some machines

You will need to disable "SystemInfo" in the MPDisplay config.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mpdisplay.108535/page-53#post-1043612

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom