Not open for further replies.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i would like to know if someone uses a tablet as secondary monitor with MPDisplay++ ?
    if you use android, nothing can work with mpdisplay yet ...
    i have search about an windows mini itx ( or pico itx ) hardware + Touichscreen + small SSD. but the size of final package is not slim ...
    an other thing is to use Windows Compact embedded 7 or 8 ( working with .net 4 ), but not possible to find it in store . and i think working only with ARM software compatible.

In the new version the SkinEngine has been separated from MPDiplays GUI, so now Android/IOS developers can make clients that use the existing MPDisplay skins and still use the SkinEditor.

Unfortunately I can barely keep up with MP and community plugin changes for MPDisplay so I have no time in the day left to create these.

So any Android/IOS or Java devs out there that are keep to contribute let me know :)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am getting fairly frequent 'low on memory warnings, info and logs attached.

I have 4GB RAM in a Windows 7 32 bit PC, let me know if you need any more info.
    Memory Message.JPG

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you erase all files in Log folder, set Log Level in MPD++ Config to Debug and send the log files again after the error occured again, please?

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Done! Please see attached logs...

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I am not sure if MPDisplay++ is using all the memory or MediaPortal. I'll ask in the main forums for some help / opinions there.

UPDATE: I have stumbled upon 'virtual memory' settings. I had paging file disabled, probably as part of an SSD set up guide that I had forgotten about. I have now switched it to: 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'. Maybe this will solve the problem.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i ask you for this, because we have small issue about memory with it.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    i ask you for this, because we have small issue about memory with it.

A-ha, thanks for the info!

I wonder if the virtual memory setting was the problem, I need to test some more to be sure.

If it is, it may be an issue for other users, as many SSD set up guides advise on switching it off, yet others recommend that it is left well alone :unsure:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom