[Info] MPExtended 0.6 Beta Release (4 Viewers)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have updated to the beta version. Works fine on windows and any internet browsers however on my iPhone on IOS through safari or another browser I cannot play anything. I just get a timer constantly spinning even though I have tried using FFmeg profiles. It worked initially but has not since worked.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As a 24/7 MediaPortal user i'm sorry to say that Plex Media Server (plex.tv) does all we need in streaming and syncing to mobile devices the easy way. Hope to see MP going that way.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    that Plex Media Server (plex.tv) does all we need in streaming and syncing to mobile devices the easy way.
    Did you ever measure how much CPU power Plex Media Server needs??? I've tried to run Plex on a Cerleron 847. Absolutely impossible. Plex wasn't even able to scan for media (more than 5 hours to scan 200 movies...) Talking about streaming was something you can't even think of. Now I have a Haswell i5 and not even the i5 is able to deliver media to more than 2 clients at the same time. Easy is something completely different in my opinion...
    Hope MP did not go this way.

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not have had that cpu problems with plex, but there are other reasons i don't like it. For "syncing" you have to pay monthly, yearly or a really big lifetime contribution. For accessing your own server from outside LAN you have to sign in into plex.tv and you have to use their service!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Yep it really is expensive... If you want the complete package you need to pay more than 200$...

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.

Did you ever measure how much CPU power Plex Media Server needs??? I've tried to run Plex on a Cerleron 847. Absolutely impossible. Plex wasn't even able to scan for media (more than 5 hours to scan 200 movies...) Talking about streaming was something you can't even think of. Now I have a Haswell i5 and not even the i5 is able to deliver media to more than 2 clients at the same time. Easy is something completely different in my opinion...
    Hope MP did not go this way.

I use X4 965 AMD for satellite 3 cards and have no problems serving MP clients and Plex for iPad's/iPhones.
    Maybe you are referring to an older version?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did not have had that cpu problems with plex, but there are other reasons i don't like it. For "syncing" you have to pay monthly, yearly or a really big lifetime contribution. For accessing your own server from outside LAN you have to sign in into plex.tv and you have to use their service!

From what i understand you only sync with plex.tv for overall userfriendly configuration.
    Not directly. Direct connection to your homeserver.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where did you see 200 dollar?????
    You need to pay for Android App, you need to pay for plugins, you need to pay for Skins, you need to pay for..... If you got the whole package you need to pay more than 200$. Some skins are at 25 Bucks each, unbelievable...

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    From what i understand you only sync with plex.tv for overall userfriendly configuration.
    Not directly. Direct connection to your homeserver.
    Their service is really great for someone who doesn't care about anything. But it should be optional! They say they don't see your data, but can they proof it? No! I have my own dyn-dns-provider, i know how to configure my router and secure my network. Can i connect to my plexserver without connecting my server to plex.tv? No! That's why plex for me is a No-Go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom