[Question] MPExtended.Installers.WebMediaPortal 0.5.2 "Could not set file security" (1 Viewer)

ofh

Portal Member
April 14, 2006
Hi
Have just tryed to setup MPExtended WebMediaPortal on a standalone TV server.
Installing MPExtended service vent OK,
but when I try to install "MPExtended.Installers.WebMediaPortal.msi" I got following error

Could not set file security for file C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs\ . Error: 0. Verify
that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file.

Anyone has a clue on this, hope so.

Running win7 32 bit
Mediaportal 1.3.0 Beta
BR
OFH

ofh

Portal Member
April 14, 2006
Hi Thanks for reply
after stopping the mpextended service from inside mpextended configuration, and closing the MPExtended Configuration menu
I came a little longer in the install process, but still before ending the installation I get:

Could not set file security for file C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs\ . Error: 0. Verify
that you have sufficient privileges to modify the security permissions for this file.

Even if I use "Run as different user" and choose the Administrator account, no luck :)

BR
OFH

Last edited:

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
Ditto[DOUBLEPOST=1358191581][/DOUBLEPOST]I had to take ownership of the logs folder, give 'Everyone" full access and disable my AV. then it worked.

jordnära

Portal Member
October 4, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I for some reason had problems taking ownership by righclicking the folder. Ended up running 'cmd.exe' as a administrator and using the command:

takeown /F c:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Logs /R

All is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom