MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Sound very interesting.

Would it be preferable to switch to this API for MPGrooveshark instead?, and whats your opinion about this, cul8er?

/Morten

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    yep sound great .... hope cul8er can implament it .... (when he have some time)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The downside of the API that you mention is that it requires you to have a Grooveshark VIP account. It also relies on that you are playing using the Grooveshark desktop program so you have to have it installed and I do not know if I can hide it or start it from MP. I will see what I can find out but at the moment my time is going into creating a new skin for MP.

best regards
    cul8er

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    yeah, I also just posted it to lead your attention to it :)

Found a bug... if you play normal music and enter plugin music continues and some controls show something, but when exiting the plugin music stops.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't hear any sound on my main system as well as on my test machine.

I enter a search, I get a result and I press the play button, the progress bar works and it seems that music is playing but there is no sound, other music plugs work fine. I think in mp 1.0.2 this worked?

Regards
    Juro

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Juro.

What version of MPGrooveshark do you have? 0.5.1?

Please ensure you have latest version, bacause sound issue have been fixed in latest version.

Have you installed flashplayer plugin for Internet explore?

How to test:
    Open mpgrooveshark log, copy out http:// link - Open this link in both Ie and Windows media player.
    Does it work?

If yes, please inform:

Which Sound card do you have?
    Are you playing through HDMI or analog, Digital etc?
    Are you playing 2.0 Stereo or X.1 Surround, and is you sound card driver/Windows Speakers set up correctly?

/Morten

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MPGrooveshark Plugin (Stream Music) - Version v0.5.1

Hi Morten,

thnaks for response.

See above.

Regards Juro

hhmm?

I found something strange. Log says that proxy is used. In mP configuration proxy is deactivated?!

19-Aug-2010 14:59:11 Info [ MPGrooveshark]: MPGrooveshark is starting.
    19-Aug-2010 14:59:11 Info [ MPGrooveshark]: MPGrooveshark version is 0.5.1.15378
    19-Aug-2010 14:59:11 Info [ MPGrooveshark]: Buffer time is 90000 seconds.
    19-Aug-2010 14:59:11 Info [ MPGrooveshark]: Proxy is used.
    19-Aug-2010 14:59:18 Info [ MPGrooveshark]: MPGrooveshark is started.

Hi Juro.

What version of MPGrooveshark do you have? 0.5.1?
    JuRo: Latest , Installation via MP Installer

Please ensure you have latest version, bacause sound issue have been fixed in latest version.

Have you installed flashplayer plugin for Internet explore?
    Yes Shockwave Flash player is installed. direct web acces is function

How to test:
    Open mpgrooveshark log, copy out http:// link - Open this link in both Ie and Windows media player.
    Does it work?

JuRo: NO
    I don't find any link in the log?!
    I found this in MP log
    2010-08-19 14:59:25.943769 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_Player.OnStarted() http://listen.grooveshark.com/songW...rooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=9060139 media:Video

Link"http://listen.grooveshark.com/songWidget.swf?hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&style=metal&p=1&songID=9060139 media:Video"

does not work in Media Player as well as in IE (some kind of groveshark flash is starting, the happens nothing)

If yes, please inform:

Which Sound card do you have?
    JuRo: See specs
    Are you playing through HDMI or analog, Digital etc?
    JuRo: All of them, selection via default direct sound device
    Are you playing 2.0 Stereo or X.1 Surround, and is you sound card driver/Windows Speakers set up correctly?
    JuRo: Yes beacuse I hear other sounds and music frimom the music secten or last fm without any problems

/Morten

misder

Portal Member
    July 30, 2010
    Ive found grooveshark on internet and immediately looked for on this forum....great, but it is not so usable. We d like to search like sms writing and sort the search by album, artist, song, .... please

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Juno > Disable Proxy in the Mediaportal Configuration - Plugins - MPGrooveshark

Misder > This plugin is still in an early stage - It works, but still with limited features.

I will suggest that all bugs and new feature requests are created here: Issues - mpgrooveshark - Project Hosting on Google Code (need google account/email).

It is much easier for cul8er as an developer to keep track of things on the google site.

/Morten

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom