MPMovieCatalog - plugin/utility for remote managing movie database (4 Viewers)

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi.

I see you are now adding the cdlabel to the database. However the internal MP database editor does not add the true CD label but the serialnumber of the drive. Maybe it would be a good idea to make this consitent to avoid further problems.

Thanx, I'll use it

For most text the translation was easy, but because German tends to be longer than Englisch

Hi! And Russian is longer than English too :) I think it's better if you'll use the abreviatons.

1. For empty field in the database (e.g. author) I get "unknown" on the screen. Would it be possible to make this language dependend too?

"unknown" is a default value used by MediaPortal for null fields if you use MP's database editor. If you dont like it, you could change the XSL template file

2. I don't find any scripts, neither in the options dialog nor when hitting the find button. The client I run MP Movie Catalog on, has no MP installed. Could that be the reason? Do I need to copy the grabbers from the MP machine?

Yes, you should copy the grabbers to "scripts" folder in MPMovieCatalog directory

gemini

Portal Member
September 23, 2006
Eppingen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Grabbers

Ok. This may be a stupid question, but which files on the MP machine represent the "grabbers". I browsed through the folders, but did not find something obvious.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gemini

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi.

I see you are now adding the cdlabel to the database. However the internal MP database editor does not add the true CD label but the serialnumber of the drive. Maybe it would be a good idea to make this consitent to avoid further problems.

Thanx, I'll use it

Did you take a look at the "idPath" thing of my previous post. The current implementation prevents that MP shows the "Insert Disc" dialog if you choose a film which is located on a removable media. I took a look at your code which shows that you have hardcoded setting "idPath" always to 1.

Regards,
grubi.

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
Ok. This may be a stupid question, but which files on the MP machine represent the "grabbers". I browsed through the folders, but did not find something obvious.

Thanks!

Regards,
Gemini

For Vista, they are located in "ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo\"

Is it a good idea for future to use MP's grabbers instead of local?

Did you take a look at the "idPath" thing of my previous post. The current implementation prevents that MP shows the "Insert Disc" dialog if you choose a film which is located on a removable media. I took a look at your code which shows that you have hardcoded setting "idPath" always to 1.

Regards,
grubi.

Yes, you absolutelly right - I use 1 for "idPath" in "movie" table. But, as I understand, MP uses path information from related table "files" and for this table I use the real id from "path" table. Maybe I'm wrong and I should use the real id for "idPath" in "movie" table?

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

Regards,
grubi.

Yes, you absolutelly right - I use 1 for "idPath" in "movie" table. But, as I understand, MP uses path information from related table "files" and for this table I use the real id from "path" table. Maybe I'm wrong and I should use the real id for "idPath" in "movie" table?

The internal DB editor does set the "idPath" in "movie" table from the path table record it creates. It seems that MP checks this path information when you start playing back a movie to find out if the movie is located on a removable media. As a result the "Insert Disc" dialog is omitted and simply nothing happens if the path record with "idPath" = 1 contains a path to a non removable drive.

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
July 3, 2008
Home Country
The internal DB editor does set the "idPath" in "movie" table from the path table record it creates. It seems that MP checks this path information when you start playing back a movie to find out if the movie is located on a removable media. As a result the "Insert Disc" dialog is omitted and simply nothing happens if the path record with "idPath" = 1 contains a path to a non removable drive.

Yes, I've just had a look at the MP's source, and saw that.
I'll fix my bug soon.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I must be missing something, but how do you run this program? When I run it, I get an error that it can't connect, so I go into Tools... Options and I enter the machine name of my htpc, and leave the port (8080) at defaults. It doesn't connect, but I don't think it would - I don't think I have anything running on port 8080 on my htpc, unless MediaPortal is running on that and I'm not aware of it.

Or is something supposed to be installed on the htpc first?

Or can I even run this app on a remote machine?

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    I must be missing something, but how do you run this program? When I run it, I get an error that it can't connect, so I go into Tools... Options and I enter the machine name of my htpc, and leave the port (8080) at defaults. It doesn't connect, but I don't think it would - I don't think I have anything running on port 8080 on my htpc, unless MediaPortal is running on that and I'm not aware of it.

Or is something supposed to be installed on the htpc first?

Or can I even run this app on a remote machine?

Did you copy contents of the "MediaPortal" folder from MPMovieCatalog distr to MediaPortal folder on yours HTPC? If not, you must do it and run MediaPortal.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    DOH! Stupid me, I had WinRAR open at the subdirectory of the zip file, and didn't go back up to the parent so I didn't see the "MediaPortal" directory. Thanks!

Ricciolo

Portal Member
    March 26, 2005
    Hi,
    what about an automatic video entry removal tool. It happen that I delete the file but it remain into the movie catalogue. Your tool can analyze each entry and relative file to see if exist yet.
    Viceversa your tool can tell me if some files haven't an entry into movie catalogue.
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom