mpNZB v1.4 (Updated 18-12-2009) (3 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Has development ceased on this project?

This is by far my favorite plugin and would love to see it pushed further.

Thanks!

How would you like it to be improved?
I think this is a great plugin also and would like to know how it could be improved?

I can take a look at this plugin if the author hasn't got the time.

Maybe a wishlist thread?

nater40oz

Portal Member
March 19, 2008
Well I would love to assist also if the author is complete. I would like to cleanup the searches and especially add in search support for nzbmatrix. In the end it would be amazing to add in imdb info for the search results.

My wife - non technical - currently finds it easier to exit media portal, open nzbmatrix start the downloads - watch the queue in sabnzbd and then just open the media folder and play the movie/tv show through media player. which always causes me to :rolleyes:

I think that having it integrate with sabnzb to add/edit current rss searches would be awesome.

whatcha think?

Thanks!
Nate

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Has development ceased on this project?

This is by far my favorite plugin and would love to see it pushed further.

Thanks!

How would you like it to be improved?
I think this is a great plugin also and would like to know how it could be improved?

I can take a look at this plugin if the author hasn't got the time.

Maybe a wishlist thread?

#1, updated support for current NZB repos.
#2, Better interface... doing everything through the info menus is sort of annoying, would prefer if built into the skin itself, which would then allow much more functionality to be added later.
#3, I think the most useful function of this app was the suggestions feature for looking for new movies. Building the interface around that with fanart and IMDB info would be absolutely amazing IMO.

RikP

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well I would love to assist also if the author is complete. I would like to cleanup the searches and especially add in search support for nzbmatrix. In the end it would be amazing to add in imdb info for the search results.

My wife - non technical - currently finds it easier to exit media portal, open nzbmatrix start the downloads - watch the queue in sabnzbd and then just open the media folder and play the movie/tv show through media player. which always causes me to :rolleyes:

I think that having it integrate with sabnzb to add/edit current rss searches would be awesome.

whatcha think?

Thanks!
Nate

Check this thread to add NZBMatrix search support :D
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mpnzb-458/added-nzbmatrix-search-function-92128/

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
What would be AWESOME is to have some sort of further support for programs like sickbeard and coachpotato.

Both are must have NZB related programs.

Might be a hard thing to do.

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
What would be AWESOME is to have some sort of further support for programs like sickbeard and coachpotato.

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped using this plugin completely... Sickbeard completely negated the need for anything TV related through this plugin... and the interface and searching capability were lacking for movies, so I just found it easier to use my laptop and go to nzbmatrix and start downloads using nzbdstatus.

>>> Now, if it was rebuilt around the suggestions features, using the existing searches features, with in a better interface that utilized fanart and info about media I would probably make my way back.

But, you bring up a good point... probably outside of the scope of THIS plugin, but if someone skilled enough could make a Sickbeard interface for MP, I would be forever grateful! I'll have to check out couchpotato... I'm assuming it is similar to sickbeard, but for movies?

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped using this plugin completely... Sickbeard completely negated the need for anything TV related through this plugin... and the interface and searching capability were lacking for movies, so I just found it easier to use my laptop and go to nzbmatrix and start downloads using nzbdstatus.

>>> Now, if it was rebuilt around the suggestions features, using the existing searches features, with in a better interface that utilized fanart and info about media I would probably make my way back.

But, you bring up a good point... probably outside of the scope of THIS plugin, but if someone skilled enough could make a Sickbeard interface for MP, I would be forever grateful! I'll have to check out couchpotato... I'm assuming it is similar to sickbeard, but for movies?

Yes, couchpotato, which I have just gotten into, is for movies. The best thing about this that if you are searching around on IMDB.com there is a little pop up to add whatever movie to your watched list.

You just set the movies you want it to look out for. And you set the qualities, renaming...etc etc. So very similar to sickbeard.

One immediate thought I had for integration with mediaportal would be to have it integrate with a trailers plugin. So you would be watching a trailer and a prompt would come up "would you like to add to coachpotato?"

As for sick beard, not too sure. Maybe just an area that shows all info of sickbeard, such as watched shows, episodes missing/snatched...And probably most useful would be to have an area to enter a new show.

There seems that there could be many good uses.

loutheo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2010
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I use this plugin rather sparingly, but would love if there was a feature to save a search query so I could run it again without typing it in with the remote.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Instead of creating a brand new plugin I was looking at modifying Moving Pictures and MPTV Series and improving myNzb.

My thoughts would be to allow you to add search queries from within the MPTV Series so you can add new TV Series to Sickbeard.

Searching for new movies within Moving Pictures then sending them to Couch Potato to handle.

Sending recorded movies from within the TV Plugin to Moving Pictures.
Sending Recorded TV Series from the TV Plugin to MP TV Series.

Add to menus in Moving Pictures like search for better quality which will send the movie to couch potato.

I'll have a look at it in the coming weeks and will post my findings.

Saving Search strings from within the plugin is also a must for me.

Keep posting your requests and I'll see what I can do.

FantaXP7

Portal Pro
February 3, 2009
Instead of creating a brand new plugin I was looking at modifying Moving Pictures and MPTV Series and improving myNzb.

My thoughts would be to allow you to add search queries from within the MPTV Series so you can add new TV Series to Sickbeard.

Searching for new movies within Moving Pictures then sending them to Couch Potato to handle.

Sending recorded movies from within the TV Plugin to Moving Pictures.
Sending Recorded TV Series from the TV Plugin to MP TV Series.

Add to menus in Moving Pictures like search for better quality which will send the movie to couch potato.

I'll have a look at it in the coming weeks and will post my findings.

Saving Search strings from within the plugin is also a must for me.

Keep posting your requests and I'll see what I can do.

So basically add a search query that would be much like the add new show within sickbeard? Then you search and it would maybe come with a list of shows with matching titles I presume...

That better quality idea is real good. Don't know if couchpotato already does that or not, like sickbeard is supposed to.

Maybe with the new moving pictures "sub menu" (where you have the choices of recently added, genre, etc) you could have "Wanted" where you can see you couch potato wanted list and "Add to Wanted" where you can search for a movie and add.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom