MPstandbyHandler (2 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The freeze up occurs where nothing works on MP i.e. the screen is frozen and nothing will get it out of that state i.e. remote or keyboard. I can sometimes go to the Task Manager and kill off MP to get back in, but often I have to reboot. It's almost like something is hogging the machine.

Create a new support report with logs and specs, if something is screwing up only after resume hopefully that will show the culprit.

Use start menu\logs collector, start from step 1 and upload using forums advanced + feature.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Paranoid Delusion,

I had a great night in front of TV watching recordings and even watching a program under timeshifting ..... without any issues. Once more, my wife enjoyed it as well (which has not always been the case with problems up until now)

One thing I tried to get going tonight was automatic EPG uploading using Powerscheduler. Some of these settings had been activated over the last week, but tonight I gave up and left them all unset. After enjoying my blob out on the couch and browsing the media portal site, I came across a posting that mentioned settings in the EPG tab of the Powerscheduler had caused many of the issues I had been experiancing.

I'm thinking this might have been my issue - your comments??

I have a forum here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/automatic-epg-updating-issues-48655/ logging the issue.

Regards

Graham

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    documentation

I am trying to get hibernation working, but still have some small issues.
    Is it possible to fill in the requirements on the first sticky post?

From what i understand is powerscheduler and powerschedulerclient both required besides this handy tool?
    My schedules are still not running, maybe it could be that the client is not running, but have to look into it today.
    But it's a challenge to find the complete picture what is needed.

lubbe75

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wow, that's a long long thread for a beginner. I am running the TV Server and MP on the same machine, and I want to achieve automatic standby mode (to wake up for scheduled TV recordings). I have set up PowerScheduler and MPStandbyHandler, and it works,... some times. I always get a watchdog saying that MP has quit unexpectedly.

To be honest I am still not clear about what the different task lists in MPStandbyHandler should contain. What is the typical content of your Resume and Suspend tabs (considering running server and client on the same machine)?

Is there a simple description somewhere on how to use MPStandbyHandler? Maybe it is a good idea to include it on the first page of this thread. Skimming through 20 pages of development/debugging discussions is a bit intimidating for newbies like me.

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I had issues getting my machine to record when waking from sleep i.e. it woke up based on the scheduled recordings through Powerscheduler and went back to sleep again, but never recorded anything.

MPStandbyHandler sorted the issue and now my machine seems to behave itself.

I used MPStandbyHandler on Paranoid Delusion's recommendation and he has posted many times in this forum.

If you look at page 14, he has included recommended screenshot settings which I followed and it worked first time.

FYI - I also found if you select any of the EPG settings in Powerscheduler, you seem to get "freeze up's" or errors. I'm currently on the hunt for a good automattc EPG download tool which will work with my sleep routine in Powerscheduler.

Hope the above helps.

Graham

lubbe75

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the tip. I'll go to page 14 and try those settings tonight. I do have the PowerScheduler's EPG settings in use and I will try disabling those as well.

bounguine

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2005
    St.Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for 2.0.0.3
    Now we have a nice problem-solver.

Could you also add two more tabs - "on start-up" and "on shutting-down"?

It would also be great if there are two more items in the menu:
    - "add a command-line" to add command-line(s) for batch-files,
    - "kill the process" to list process(es) to be killed

stefancrs

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the tip. I'll go to page 14 and try those settings tonight. I do have the PowerScheduler's EPG settings in use and I will try disabling those as well.

FWIW, what has worked best for me is plain xmltv (using the tv.swedb.se grabber). I created a bat file with the proper grab commands in it and created a scheduled task that runs this bat file. Some "junk" channels aren't in the swedb epg, but I can live without those, especially now that it's so hassle-free. It just works.

OTOH I don't use MyTV for watching TV. But it worked just fine with that as well :)

On-topic: Thanks for this application/service! My HTPC hibarnates and wakes up just fine now! ECO-friendly software :)

lubbe75

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    gperkinson, it seems to work quite ok now. Thanks. I still get the watchdog every time it goes into standby (or is it at wake up?), saying that MP has quit unexpectedly. I suppose it indicates that something is still not right, although it seems to work. How do I get rid of this?

stefancrs, I'll try the xmltv method. I guess there is a more detailed description on the tv.swedb.se site.

bartlet

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    gperkinson, it seems to work quite ok now. Thanks. I still get the watchdog every time it goes into standby (or is it at wake up?), saying that MP has quit unexpectedly. I suppose it indicates that something is still not right, although it seems to work. How do I get rid of this?
    In the main MediaPortal config program, under General there is a Watchdog page. Remove the tick next to Watchdog enabled. Note that you need to have the config in Expert Mode (top right of window).

The Watchdog gets upset because MediaPortal is being killed (by MPstandbyHandler) rather than closed nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom