MPstandbyHandler (4 Viewers)

lubbe75

Portal Pro
October 23, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have two questions:

What is the procedure to uninstall MPStandbyHandler?

What is the best way to disable MPStandbyHandler (so that it's still disabled after restarting the computer), but still keeping the installation?

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have two questions:

What is the procedure to uninstall MPStandbyHandler?

What is the best way to disable MPStandbyHandler (so that it's still disabled after restarting the computer), but still keeping the installation?

1.) You only need to run the uninstall.cmd file as administrator. After that you can simply delete the Mpsh files.

2.) The best way to stop Mpsh is to "deactivate" the MPstandbyHandler service from the windows services config dialog. Open the properties of this service and switch from "automatic" to "deactivate". To enable it again you do this the other way round.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try before you .....

Did you all try RC4 without the standby handler ?, I am asking because now my pc behaves like it should when going from operational to S3 sleepstate and back again. This includes scheduled shutdowns, shutdowns triggered by ir-remote, scheduled wakeup, ir-remote triggerd wakeup , the lott.

Tv server stays on running and local and remote clients can connect after wakekup.

Give it a try.

bartlet

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sounds good and how it should be in all honesty, however considering the problems I had to get MP.RC3 running as it should I'm not worrying about another upgrade until 1.0 is released and confirmed working.

Thanks to josch.hh for this invaluable addon to RC3 - I think my machine is working fine now. :D

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you running XP or Vista? I'm on Vista and have issues with missing some recordings. Would be interested in some of your settings, especially around tuner card re-initialisation delays.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds good and how it should be in all honesty, however considering the problems I had to get MP.RC3 running as it should I'm not worrying about another upgrade until 1.0 is released and confirmed working.

Thanks to josch.hh for this invaluable addon to RC3 - I think my machine is working fine now. :D

I would be happy if my tool wont be necessary anymore. :)

I also prefer running MP/TVS without external "first aid" or any workaround.

bartlet

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you running XP or Vista? I'm on Vista and have issues with missing some recordings. Would be interested in some of your settings, especially around tuner card re-initialisation delays.
    I'm on XP but I'll try to get some screenshots up of my settings in the next couple of days (although that's been my intention for a week or so!)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have setup a new PC but I'm having problems with MPstandbyhandler on this one.
    When trying to add a "HardwareDeviceRestart" job the GUI hags forever (maybe on enumerating devices?)
    Any ideas how to fix / workaround this ?

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Found the problem so far.
    I have a "Unknwon device" in hardware manager. If I delete it the GUI no longer hangs. However after reboot the "Unknown device" is readded and so the problem reappears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom