MPstandbyHandler (5 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a "Unknwon device" in hardware manager. If I delete it the GUI no longer hangs. However after reboot the "Unknown device" is readded and so the problem reappears.

What are you not using on your motherboard, put your cd in that came with the motherboard and let it search there for the unknown hardware driver.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a "Unknwon device" in hardware manager. If I delete it the GUI no longer hangs. However after reboot the "Unknown device" is readded and so the problem reappears.

What are you not using on your motherboard, put your cd in that came with the motherboard and let it search there for the unknown hardware driver.

I would guess it is a TPM which I do not intend to use.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    //if (Recorder.IsAnyCardRecording()) // if we are recording then deny request
    //{
    // msg.Result = new IntPtr(BROADCAST_QUERY_DENY);
    // Log.Info("TVRecording running -> Suspend stopped");
    // return false;
    //}

any reason why this was excluded from the code?

i think this "plugin" could be integrated with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...something-recorded-vista-v1-1-released-39625/

also ErrorFileLogHandler.cs is missing from svn?

coopers

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2005
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Hi Folks,

First - thanks for the great plugin, it has solved my problem of coming out of standby and the TV not working.

However, I'm not sure I am getting things right with powerscheduler... basically it's not waking up to record, as far as I can tell.

So I am just having the TVService stop on standby and start again on resume - TV itself works, so recording should work, right? There is nothing special to do to convince powerscheduler to start up the TV and start a recording?

What happens if the TVservice is killed, as opposed to shutting it down the nice way? Does that prevent powerscheduler waking the machine up?

bartlet

Portal Member
    October 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What happens if the TVservice is killed, as opposed to shutting it down the nice way? Does that prevent powerscheduler waking the machine up?
    Killing it stopped my setup from waking and recording.

I have the TV Server closed nicely on standby. On resume I kill MP, then start the TV Server, then start MP.

It wouldn't wake if I closed/killed MP before standby.

The Kill/Start MP on resume was to cure the system going into standby when I was watching something. It appeared that if MP didn't start after the TV Server then the TV Server wouldn't acknowledge MP's existence and therefore assume everything was Idle and OK to standby.

(Just my view on what was happening based on the symptoms. No idea if that was exactly what was going on! All I know is that it now works.)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    //{
    // return false;
    //}

i think this "plugin" could be integrated with https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...something-recorded-vista-v1-1-released-39625/

It was excluded because the Vista standby can't be programaticaly be prevented. ... Microsoft change this behaviour from XP.
    The solution from Standbywachter ( as i understand it ) is to catch the power button click or remote controll power button click. ( It seems that you also need the iMon software for it -> this no good solution for Mpsh, it might be ok for the Standbywatcher)
    But this does not help if the system enters the standby mode due to a timer event.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    //{
    // return false;
    //}

It was excluded because the Vista standby can't be programaticaly be prevented. ... Microsoft change this behaviour from XP.
    The solution from Standbywachter ( as i understand it ) is to catch the power button click or remote controll power button click. ( It seems that you also need the iMon software for it -> this no good solution for Mpsh, it might be ok for the Standbywatcher)
    But this does not help if the system enters the standby mode due to a timer event.

thank you for your answer! what about that file missing from svn, i cannot compile Mpsh :(

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dont know what file is missing.... maybe something went wrong during SVN commit.... dont have much time at the moment to work on it... i will try

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom