MPstandbyHandler (2 Viewers)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
josch.hh:

Any intention to fix the problem I posted previously?
It is the following:

If there is a "Unknown device" displayed in Windows device manager the GUI.exe of MPstandbyHandler hangs forever if you try to add a HardwareDeviceRestart action. Seems that it gets into an infinite loop while enumerating devices in this case.

Regards,

grubi.

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can someone help me setup this utility? I have installed it but I have no idea what to do in all that tab windows,... I'm sorry, but I'm not that familiar yet with this standby stuff. I have vista 32b.

I have a single seat setup (server + client on one htpc near the tv. I have huge difficulties with standby. For some reason I can't get it to work properly. Sometimes the system will wake up fine for a recording but then after the recording it won't go into S3. On other occasions it won't wake up for a recording at all. I have tried suspend (S3) and Hibernate. Hibernate gives different issues. At resume there is an error in the hiberfil.sys file, so windows can't restore from it.

All in all I have very unpredictable results. After reading through numerous threads I saw this plugin recomended a number of times. But, now that I have it installed I don't know what to do, how to set it up.

A few pages back someone posted a lot of screen shots. I can get all of them the same, except for the ones in this plugin....:confused: How do you get these rules setup?

Santy

Portal Pro
September 4, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Can someone help me setup this utility? I have installed it but I have no idea what to do in all that tab windows,... I'm sorry, but I'm not that familiar yet with this standby stuff. I have vista 32b.

I have a single seat setup (server + client on one htpc near the tv. I have huge difficulties with standby. For some reason I can't get it to work properly. Sometimes the system will wake up fine for a recording but then after the recording it won't go into S3. On other occasions it won't wake up for a recording at all. I have tried suspend (S3) and Hibernate. Hibernate gives different issues. At resume there is an error in the hiberfil.sys file, so windows can't restore from it.

All in all I have very unpredictable results. After reading through numerous threads I saw this plugin recomended a number of times. But, now that I have it installed I don't know what to do, how to set it up.

A few pages back someone posted a lot of screen shots. I can get all of them the same, except for the ones in this plugin....:confused: How do you get these rules setup?

There are screenshot pictures on pages 25 and 14 of this thread which show the steps needed to set it up. Also make sure you have PowerScheduler enabled in the MediaPortal configuration, under 'Plugins' and that 'Reinitialise service on wakeup' is disabled.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my case I enabled "reinit tuner on wakeup" for one reason: before standby the tvcard-handlers is disposed, so the TT-specific CI handlers are also disposed.

that's why I can stop the tvservice on resume by standbyhandler, which wasn't always possible else...

ChristerS

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    On resume. I't cant stop and start MP. The log:

2008-12-26 09:54:41 - INFO OnResume - Unable to run remote job (MPstandbyHandlerUser not running / not connected): MediaportalStop
    2008-12-26 09:54:41 - INFO Process Stop - Trying to KILL TvService (20s) (id:4680)
    2008-12-26 09:54:44 - INFO Process Stop - Successfully terminated TvService (id:4680)
    2008-12-26 09:54:44 - INFO TVServiceStart - Delaying for 10s
    2008-12-26 09:54:54 - INFO Service Start - Trying to start (20s): TVService
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO Service Start - Successfully started: TVService
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO OnResume - Unable to run remote job (MPstandbyHandlerUser not running / not connected): MediaportalStart
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO OnResume - Done

If I run "Test resumet" it work fine.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On resume. I't cant stop and start MP. The log:

2008-12-26 09:54:41 - INFO OnResume - Unable to run remote job (MPstandbyHandlerUser not running / not connected): MediaportalStop
    2008-12-26 09:54:41 - INFO Process Stop - Trying to KILL TvService (20s) (id:4680)
    2008-12-26 09:54:44 - INFO Process Stop - Successfully terminated TvService (id:4680)
    2008-12-26 09:54:44 - INFO TVServiceStart - Delaying for 10s
    2008-12-26 09:54:54 - INFO Service Start - Trying to start (20s): TVService
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO Service Start - Successfully started: TVService
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO OnResume - Unable to run remote job (MPstandbyHandlerUser not running / not connected): MediaportalStart
    2008-12-26 09:55:01 - INFO OnResume - Done

If I run "Test resumet" it work fine.

You need to run the MpstandbyhandlerUser.exe

Because start/stop of MP is user specific task.

There's something wrong with your tool, yesterday I deleted it because it ate 26% of CPU usage :confused:

I never had this effect.

There is nothing i can do without logs from your side.

@josch.hh:

Any intention to fix the problem I posted previously?
    It is the following:

If there is a "Unknown device" displayed in Windows device manager the GUI.exe of MPstandbyHandler hangs forever if you try to add a HardwareDeviceRestart action. Seems that it gets into an infinite loop while enumerating devices in this case.

Regards,

grubi.

Can you send me a screenshot of your device manager window?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    josch.hh, I can confirm the bug found by Grubi. I was testing your plugin these days, and had no problem with GUI till my Bluetooth USB got missconfigured, and appeared as unknow device in windows device manager...

Yo can see the shot below.

bye!

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
      desktop.jpg
      116.4 KB

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx, i will see what i can do :)

I am sorry, i tested it with two "unknown" devices. No problems on my machine. I can't debug if the bug does ont appear on my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom